• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

S&S Firearms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The 145th. N-SSA Nationals are history now but S&S was there just as they have been for every National since back in the 60s. I was curious as to how long they had been there and I asked one of the younger guys but he could only say he had been coming down for 35 years! They have one of the largest booths there and It's filled with original and reproduction parts, leather gear, books and assorted other items and in addition are great folks to deal with.

I had sent them an e-mail a week prior asking them to bring a .515" Lubri-Sizer die with them and in turn got a reply saying it would be under the counter with my name on it. Well it was there just as they had promised. Several years back I wanted an officer's saber belt and had purchased 2 online from other dealers and sent both back because of poor quality. I called S&S, explained what I wanted, told them of my disappointment with my prior purchases and asked if they could bring one so that I might inspect it. They did and after checking it out found that it was what I wanted and purchased it. Highly recommend S&S.

https://www.ssfirearms.com/

I had a good experience with them recently. I sent an order online for a couple of cleaning rods and some small items. I had it in my hands in about four days, securely packaged. No drama, no excuses, good service.

They also have some pretty hard-to-find stuff, like the special tap for Springfield internal "mystery thread" lock screws. S&S has these back in stock now, and I got one.

They are a good outfit to deal with.

Notchy Bob

Back in the early 1970's , you could still scratch assemble CW muskets from a mixture of remanufactured , and original parts , they had 'em. I just can't remember the name of the guy that used to run the show?? Like most others , you could send them cash through the mail , they would send you the stuff , and your change.

Back in the early 1970's , you could still scratch assemble CW muskets from a mixture of remanufactured , and original parts , they had 'em. I just can't remember the name of the guy that used to run the show?? Like most others , you could send them cash through the mail , they would send you the stuff , and your change.
They started coming back as far as 1965 or 1966 if memory serves me right. Great family run business. 3rd generation I think.

Thanks Rick. I was just getting started in m/l guns. Building those .58's from original parts was exciting , just to think about the history of each piece , and that it could work again. Original 1862 Springfield locks came from a guy calling himself "Stoneman on the Deleware." , Eastern Pa.. Francis Banerman's catalog was priceless. Last parts I bought for old original C/W guns was from " Lodgewood" , I think , at the Baltimore M/L Gun Show. It was all good , and much fun.............oldwood

The 145th. N-SSA Nationals are history now but S&S was there just as they have been for every National since back in the 60s. I was curious as to how long they had been there and I asked one of the younger guys but he could only say he had been coming down for 35 years! They have one of the largest booths there and It's filled with original and reproduction parts, leather gear, books and assorted other items and in addition are great folks to deal with.

I had sent them an e-mail a week prior asking them to bring a .515" Lubri-Sizer die with them and in turn got a reply saying it would be under the counter with my name on it. Well it was there just as they had promised. Several years back I wanted an officer's saber belt and had purchased 2 online from other dealers and sent both back because of poor quality. I called S&S, explained what I wanted, told them of my disappointment with my prior purchases and asked if they could bring one so that I might inspect it. They did and after checking it out found that it was what I wanted and purchased it. Highly recommend S&S.

https://www.ssfirearms.com/
My first NSSA Spring National was in 1974. I THINK they were there then, but not absolutely sure.

However, I KNOW they were there when I got transferred back to VA for the Fall Nationals in 1980.

Gosh, I don't even remember all the stuff I bought from them for myself and others and I'm STILL ordering or advising others to order from them.

Gus

Back