• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

#11 CCI caps and bullets

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bird

32 Cal
Reaction score
Good morning. I'm looking for some advice. My father was into muzzle loading back in the day. While cleaning out a storage unit I found his old cleaning kit. Among other things it contains round ball bullets and CCI caps.

These are really old. He passed away in 1995 and they would be been purchased late 80's or early 90s.

I don't want to dump them in a landfill. I'm not sure if the caps are still useful. Any advice on how to dispose of these?

These are really old. He passed away in 1995 and they would be been purchased late 80's or early 90s.
I am still using caps from the 1980s when I stocked up, plus I have older ones that still work. As others have and will mention, as long as they were kept in a dry location they will function just fine. Find a local blackpowder shooter to give them to and you will make their day.

TDM, Ha. That's not likely. However my father was a big fan so much respect to those who are into it.

Attached is a picture of what I'm talking about. They were stored in a closed tackle box inside a Public Storage unit. There are 12 of CCI caps containers. 1 1/2 boxes of the bullets.

Any idea how to find a local person who shoots black powder? I'm assuming mailing these would be a no go. I'm in a large metro area. Pretty sure there won't be any muzzleloaders on next door or facebook.

Attachments

• IMG_4815.jpg
    IMG_4815.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
TDM, Ha. That's not likely. However my father was a big fan so much respect to those who are into it.

Attached is a picture of what I'm talking about. They were stored in a closed tackle box inside a Public Storage unit. There are 12 of CCI caps containers. 1 1/2 boxes of the bullets.

Any idea how to find a local person who shoots black powder? I'm assuming mailing these would be a no go. I'm in a large metro area. Pretty sure there won't be any muzzleloaders on next door or facebook.
Take them to your local gun shop and donate them. Or take your dad’s gun out and have a little fun.

Where are you located in atlanta? I am up in marietta and shoot with the tzlking rock bpshooters.

What part of atlanta?

Back