• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Matched Pair of Heiland Cattle Horns for sale...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I purchased these about 10 years ago with great ambitions to create a matched set of Highland drinking horns in the style of the 17th/18th Century Scottish clans complete with Celtic knotwork engraving, silver inlay, etc. but time has gotten the better of me and it's best to pass them on to someone who can appreciate and breathe new life into them in one form or another (ahem...Bob/"Pathfinder" if you are reading this:)...$150 for the pair, and that's about what I paid for them back then...price includes shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your interest!

P.S. I read a book on the Scottish Clan back in the 1970's, and one of the Clans (not sure which one) had a ritual when the new "Laird"/heir of the family was chosen, they had to completely drink a full horn of Claret wine without a pause, and the decorated cattle horn used for this ritual went back many generations within the Clan...does anyone have more details on this?
SellerTag.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6161.jpg
    IMG_6161.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6163.jpg
    IMG_6163.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6164.jpg
    IMG_6164.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6166.jpg