• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RWS CAPS-1075 PLUS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1075 Plus did not seat on the Slix shot nipples very well today, I always double check my caps by pushing them with a piece of wooden dowel. Even after that I had to drop the hammer on 4 of them a second time to get them to go off. Now my stock of 1075 Plus are a little older so maybe the new production stuff will work fine on a Slix shot nipple. YMMV. With that said, what others have said about RWS is spot on they are on another level than other caps IMO.
KIMG0513.jpg

Thanks a lot for the research!

And thanks everyone for answers. Waiting for my package of Plus, and will also report here.

All I can say is, get rid of the rest and get the best, RWS Dynamit Nobel No. 1075. I've used these from the start of my journey with black powder rifles and cap and ball revolvers. I can not think of any negatives, only positives with the 1075. In my opinion, they are the very best.
Recently available at both Grafs and Powder Valley.

Recently available at both Grafs and Powder Valley.
To include Powder Inc and Buffalo Arms too; looks like the cap shortage is over. Nobody likes the price but there's plenty available. Don't understand why we have caps from Germany and Spain but not the U.S.

I use the 1075+ they are hotter than the cci. They are also waterproof. Supposedly can soak them in water and shoot them with no issues. Honestly I never tried that. I bought some yesterday in PA, $35 for 250. The cci were $15 for 100

And thanks everyone for answers. Waiting for my package of Plus, and will also report here.
Ive had more misfire off RWS than others. Rems / CCI fire every time. RWS+ iffy. I got 3 250 tins that stay home. Will use as last resort when all others are gone. Slixshot nipples.
Wasn’t the caps perse, they wouldn’t seat full. So hammer has to strike once to seat fully then 2nd strike to fire. Others dont have that problem.

Last edited:

So here’s my update:

Received 1000 RWS Plus caps from Buffalo arms for $220.

Uberti 1858 .36. All old factory nipples, and one new for #11 caps AMPCO from Buffalo (took several different threads to figure out mine, since the Uberi SlixShots didn’t fit my old gun from 1960-s).

Result: all caps went off. 100% reliability. They used to fall off from only one factory nipple. New one - no problem at all.

Anyway, they get really blasted and fragmented - Rem chews them with no problem - no jams occured. But the next batch will be regular non-plus. I hope that they will fragment less, because I dream of a Colt )))

I received an email this morning that Muzzle-Loaders.com has both the RWS 1075 and 1075 plus in stock. They require a signature for the hazmat delivery. If you are away and not home to sign for it, you may never get your delivery. I dislike the signature thing.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Muzzle-Loaders.com

I received an email this morning that Muzzle-Loaders.com has both the RWS 1075 and 1075 plus in stock. They require a signature for the hazmat delivery. If you are away and not home to sign for it, you may never get your delivery. I dislike the signature thing.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Muzzle-Loaders.com
They all have hazmat fee and adult sig.

I use the 1075+ they are hotter than the cci. They are also waterproof. Supposedly can soak them in water and shoot them with no issues. Honestly I never tried that. I bought some yesterday in PA, $35 for 250. The cci were $15 for 100
I stopped at Dixie Gun Works yesterday , I saw three tins of RWS 1050,s on the counter, I ask how much for a tin of 250 ,she said $45. I said I think I will stick with CCI, she said good luck if you can find them. I told I bought them last fall at Walmart for less than $6 a hundred. Powder was $32 and change per pound.

I was just perusing the latest posts and while missing it before just realized this post started over 19 YEARS AGO!!! You know there are probably older posts than this revived but this is the oldest one I remember seeing. Congratulations !! but for what i dont really know.....:dunno:

Latest posts

Back