• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RWS CAPS-1075 PLUS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montanadan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just started using the RWS caps,they seem to be a lot more powerful than CCI mags? With the CCI I was getting plugged nipple,I do not have this problem with RWS 1075plus. When shooting 100grn. loads in my 54(2fg GOEX) the RWS seems to burn cleaner? (less fouling). MID-SOUTH has them for 22.00 a thousand that is cheaper than I can buy CCI out here in WYO. I notice that most of you are using CCI or REMINGTON, still being a NU-B to this, I was curios how many use the RWS caps and their results. Respectfully...Montanadan

That is all I use in my cap guns. Everyone has a favorite and it has been mine for over 20yrs.

I use the RWS 1075 plus in all my cap locks and inline also seem a local shop by me sell them for $5.75 for a 100 rounds
I yet to have a mis-fire with these caps rain,sleet or snow. :m2c:

Hi! Let me bump this topic. Since RWS Plus are the only available now, can anyone explain what is the difference between regular RWS 11 and 11 plus? Can a plus be used in a revolver?

ThreadNecro.gif

I just started using the RWS caps,they seem to be a lot more powerful than CCI mags? With the CCI I was getting plugged nipple,I do not have this problem with RWS 1075plus. When shooting 100grn. loads in my 54(2fg GOEX) the RWS seems to burn cleaner? (less fouling). MID-SOUTH has them for 22.00 a thousand that is cheaper than I can buy CCI out here in WYO. I notice that most of you are using CCI or REMINGTON, still being a NU-B to this, I was curios how many use the RWS caps and their results. Respectfully...Montanadan

$22/thousand in 2004

Now they're $220 if you can find them

Currently I see RWS Plus at Buffalo arms, and both regular and plus at Powdervalley. They both seem reputable, accept credit card and pay hazmat fee.

Others, just thousands - are paypal/Zelle/Venmo scam. And as far as I understand, they are here for years, scamming good people on $1000+ each time...

Quite surprising for a newbie )))

I ordered No 11 Plus, so the question is - will they properly work on SlixShots, Uberti 1858 .36, or better swap to regular ones, non-plus?

I have an appt this morning. BUT, I will try out the 1075's on my revolvers later this afternoon and report back. I have Slix Shot nipples on my Stainless Uberti NMA that is sitting with Kaido bullets stuffed in it right now. It needs to be shot anyway. I just have never used RWS caps on my revolvers they always get CCI or Remington. I use RWS on my Side Locks.

Last edited:
It's just perfect! Are the caps regular or plus? Maybe you have both? )))

All I can say is, get rid of the rest and get the best, RWS Dynamit Nobel No. 1075. I've used these from the start of my journey with black powder rifles and cap and ball revolvers. I can not think of any negatives, only positives with the 1075. In my opinion, they are the very best.

Used them since 1974 on rifles and revolvers. Only one misfire from an old tin gotten at a shoot. Preferred over CCI, Remington or Winchester.

1075 Plus did not seat on the Slix shot nipples very well today, I always double check my caps by pushing them with a piece of wooden dowel. Even after that I had to drop the hammer on 4 of them a second time to get them to go off. Now my stock of 1075 Plus are a little older so maybe the new production stuff will work fine on a Slix shot nipple. YMMV. With that said, what others have said about RWS is spot on they are on another level than other caps IMO.
KIMG0513.jpg

Back