• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RD Woodall rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickjf

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are some photos of my Lancaster made by a RD Woodall
RickFoster
[/URL][/img]
RickFoster
[/URL][/img]
RickFoster
[/URL][/img]

It was an accidental find at a bargain price. It ha Siler lock probably Douglas barrel. The rifle is skillfully made. It is heavy would work for a large shooter. It has a straight barrel of .45 cal. Because if LOP is long I have to use a bench rest. The name on the barrel is RD Woodall.

Congrats! Nice find. Lots of carving on that gun. I still think the early Virginia rifles are one of the most attractive. :thumbsup: Rick.

Most guns of this quality cost a few thousand dollars. ( my opinion) it is worth $700 as that would be the cost of the parts. The value really cannot be measured in dollars. I could never imagined owning such a rifle. Most people who look at one of these contemporary long rifles don't really "get it". They may see a beautiful object but the soul is in the history, heritage, craftsmanship, artistic balance and authenticity . To hold it give you the feeling of having the "real thing". The wow feeling.

Ray Woodall founded the CenterMark Co in Pa in 1984 accordin to the Books of Buckskinnin.Hope this helps. Curt

Curt, thanks. Your information is the first I have learned of the gun maker. Seems to be a good lead.

Latest posts

Back