• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pre-cut patches, or cutting patches at the muzzle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not a matter of dissagreing with me but a matter of recognizing a question that is asking for history based informaton,no mater where it is posted, pretty damned simple if one will let it be, enjoy whatever level you find to suit you but do try to see when history is a integral part of a question, and as far as people here disagreing with me that is actualy a pretty good sign from my perspective, usually means I am on the right track

lonehunter said:
Grind flat, no serration. I believe just the outside is sharpened. Put it in a drill press with a piece of wood under the fabric and go to town, You can have hundreds of patches cut in no time.

I just started cutting mine square, still cant hit nothin so I can say that accuracy has not changed a bit! :wink:
:rotf: I know the feelin'. Some days, I'd do better to stay home!

Thanks for the info.

Dan

Wick Ellerbe said:
It is almost too easy.
Sounds like it could be an easier way to cut 'em. And lots safer than sneaking in and using my wife's roatry cutter and matt to cut a few squares- if ya kno what I mean. :cursing:

Thanks.

Dan

DanC said:
flintlock62 said:
I'm really having to scratch my balding head over that remark. I am looking for historical accuracy?????
Maybe you should go back and re-read my comment. Where did I mention history????? Did you confuse me with someone else, perhaps????? ... Yes, this post is (was) light-hearted, and still can be. :surrender: :thumbsup:
Apologies, flint. Wasn't intended to respond to you; you just happened to be the last poster. Was intended for those that have been railing at those of us who posted opinion instead of "history".

Dan

Apology accepted. We need an "OP" button or something to that nature! :v

I do the same thing as Wick,also cut my felt wads like that.... over the powder or over shot cards are made from old cereal or shirt card stock the same way just a few minutes at the pres provides LOTS of wads,cards,patches

I used to make round patches that way until I "discovered"roller cutters that my wife uses to cut fabric.You can cut up a yard of fabric faster than I can descibe it.I like it because I don't need different size hole saws for different bore sizes,just move the straight edge.Square patches of course.

Back