• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta's .36 cal. pocket pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesthomas

70 Cal.
Reaction score
I have looked but can't find any information on them. I see that Uberti has them but the price is not in my range, anybody out there have one? and how is it?. Cabela's says they have them but not online.

Pietta .36 cal pocket pistol? You sure it's not a .31 cal? I have the Uberti Remington 1863 which is a .31 cal. Midway USA has a Pietta 1863 Remington Pocket Black Powder Revolver 31 Caliber 3.5" Barrel Steel Frame Blue for $299.99 (on sale) is this what you are looking for?
Maybe it's is this model you are referring to - Uberti 1862 Pocket Navy Black Powder Revolver 36 Caliber 6.5" Barrel? Or is it the Pietta 1862 pocket police .36 cal 5.5" barrel 6 shot? Like this

I do have the Pietta Colt 1862 pocket police with 5.5" barrel in steel frame and I like it. I bought it from Cabelas about 12 years ago. I shot it at my clubs pistol matches (I changed the front sight to a taller one). It's not a "lightweigth" gun but it does hold & point well.

That's the one I was looking for with the 5 1/2 inch barrel, The reason is, is that I think it is the one that Clint Eastwood used to shoot the hillbilly (Outlaw Josey Wales) with and I was thinking with my 2 1851 .36's in holsters (one butt forward and one back) and this one in a shoulder holster I would be set :grin: . Plus being of the same caliber it would be easier to have ammo.

The Colt 1862 pistol you're talking about should be a 5 shot, .36 and come in (IIRC) 4", 5.5" and 6". I've been wanting one for a long time but they are not in my budget. If .31, they are indeed tiny.

Uberti makes the true size (or so) 1862 pocket model but Pietta makes their version which is a 6 shot - it's bigger and not really a pocket pistol.

Piettas's 1862 Pocket Police is nothing more than an 1861 Navy with a 5.5" barrel and a half fluted cylinder. It isn't a pocket revolver, just another fantasy revolver though it's probably handy and a lot of fun. Basically it's the same size as a '51 Navy. The only true pocket revolver Pietta makes is the .31 '63 Remington. Uberti makes both a '62 Pocket Police and a '62 Pocket Navy which are 5 shot .36's on the '49 .31 caliber frame using a rebated cylinder. Uberti also makes .31 Colt pocket revolvers. All except the '62 Pocket Police are copies of actual Colts.

Just looked at Cabelas post-Christmas sale prices.
My buying days are over unless something really amazing happens with the value of the dollar.

Uberti makes them with 4.5, 5.5, and 6.5" barrels in the "modern" style (round barrel creeping loading lever) and 5.5 and 6.5 in the "old" style with the octagon barrel

Back in the day Colt couldn't keep up with the demand for the new style 36 caliber pocket, what with the fire and all, so they modified the 31 caliber pocket tooling to make 36 caliber pockets with the octagon barrel.

Latest posts

Back