• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion caps and powders out of stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the internet is helping feeding the frenzy.

If folks would stop talking about it, it might help.

Yep, every where I read its' the same thing.

Somebody finds stuff, puts it on the www and the store is empty.

Kinda like hollering fire.

Business and markets are resilient, people are too. The one thing they don't like is uncertainty. Stability in advanced societies means there is a certain amount of predictability going forward. Yes, change is always constant, but generally there is a reasonable expectation that in a year or three or four, conditions will remain relatively the same, interest rates, rule of law, and all sorts of things that we take for granted. When those "bedrock principles" are shown to be just an illusion, things get very weird very quickly.

You can bet, for example, last year about this time somebody somewhere had decided that then was the perfect time to go all in with their savings open a new restaurant. Just in time for everything to get shut down and locked down.

Also humans are "herd animals" too. Very open to suggestion and conditioning, fear, and greed and the rest of it. This is not new, and been observed for thousands of years.

"People go insane en masse, but they only regain their senses one by one" applies here.

I have a couple pounds of FFFG, but when I see supplies dry up ... "out of stock" "out of stock" "out of stock" at the supplier websites, it makes one wonder. "Should I buy more?" This is what a "panic" does. It feeds on itself.

Get it while you can, it is not going to be around much longer. As to helping one another out this sort of thing is going to be prevalent in the future. If we as a combined source do not try to help one another out in this situation we will all be throwing rocks. It is not greed it is not buying to pass on later at exuberant rates the fact is there are very limited quantities if anything at all, it is just a matter of how much you willing to pay. You or I have not seen anything in our lives as to what is coming. I am constantly searching for this type of stuff for both black powder and re-loading cased ammo, not to re-sale but for my use I am part of a net work of shooters who are also looking for items and as we find them we share or trade among ourselves. I am now awaiting 500 45 cal. bullets for a un-mentionable rifle to show up. Not panic just common sense. Why be a sheep when you can be a sheep dog.

Black Powder has always been spotty in the East. You could
not find it ,so we bought Pyrodex. When the internet came
along you could get it by ordering online. However powerful
political forces now want to disarm Americans. The old motto
"Be Prepared" is wisdom. Even Muzzleloaders could come
under fire. So do not hoard but stock up for yourself while
you can. This especially applies to powder and caps.

I’ve been through this whole “The end is coming!” craze too many times to get excited anymore. The end is not coming folks.

Well OK, that's encouraging. I agree with you in (some) ways. To what though, do you attribute your presumably unbounded optimism going forward to, then? Or put another way, when should people start to worry? "This happens every four years" isn't quite accurate.

YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ALIVE BEFORE WITH THIS
WEAPONS REGULATORY CLIMATE. SEVERAL BILLS IN
THE HOUSE SET FORTH REGISTRATION AND LICENSING.
THE ANNUAL COST OF THE LICENSE IS HIGH. JUST LIKE
BRITAIN, PERSUSSIONS MIGHT BE REQUIRED TO BE ON THE
CERTIFICATE WITH REGULAR FIREARMS. THEREFORE, IF
SOMEONE WANTS TO PREPARE FOR SHORTAGES THEN
IT IS OK WITH ME. PEOPLE HAVE CRIED WOLF BEFORE,
BUT THIS TIME THE REAL WOLF IS OUT THERE AT THE
DOOR WANTING YOUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS.
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THE WOLF WILL LEAVE BLACK
POWDER ALONE, THEY DIDN'T IN ENGLAND, PARTS OF
CANADA AND MOST OF THE WORLD. PEOPLE WHO TELL
OTHERS TO JUST RELAX IN A TIME OF A POSSIBLE THREAT
GO AGAINST THE BOY SCOUT MOTTO OF"BE PREPARED".
HEED THEM AT YOUR PERIL. SUPPORT THE NRA AND NMLRA.

Walk, your post interests me, I see you are in Canada how many hoops you jump through just to buy a regulated weapon ,say a pistol. I have friends in Ontario who hunt, the prices there were so expensive for a common box of un-mentionable ammo if you could find it, That was a few years ago, When I went to northern Ontario to hunt bear I would take a brick of common 22 long rifle along for my friend, you would of thought it was Christmas time, shooting for fun was pretty much a no go. I can now buy black powder out the door of my local shop, wait I now have to show my drivers license a few years ago I did not have to do that, what do you fellows have too do for the purchase of black powder, The current regime in the U.S. is out for blood and too rip our second amendment to pieces. You are correct it is not the end but soon very soon, if we do not stand together. It all trickles down even black powder weapons will not be un-regulated as now once the ball gets rolling. Let alone the things to make them go bang. Think a bit it has been what about a year since things have started to dry up. I have things on back order from my local shop since last April I asked the other day and was told they may never arrive.

The Lefties are coming for your guns? Yes! My suggestion a few years ago was to have ridden yourself of any firearm you procured through an FFL holder. Keep only the ones you obtained not using an FFL holder. (The BATF is not supposed to use Form 4473's for this purpose. All bets are now off the table.) I sold off all my FFL guns years ago except for one. It is a 1911-.22 (with a 15 -round mag: horrors!) I built from a stripped frame and had to undergo a background check for it. When the supposed LE forces come looking for it that will be my "surrender" gun. They will never find any other firearms I may or may not have because they don't have the resources to look for supposed items in rural WA State.

Regards,

Jim

Yup, things are slim up here too, but that’s because of the panic and resulting shortage in the US. We are being told the us military is gobbling up most of the production right now.
I too can buy black powder off the shelf up here. You need a PAL (Possession and Acquisition License) to purchase guns and ammo, however not required for ammo components (although the big box stores won’t sell without seeing it).
Just like in your country, Covid caused the masses to panic big time, and even had the anti gun crowd trying to buy guns without knowledge of what the requirements were. I hope they have at least learned it’s not a free for all, and is regulated!
Anyhow, over the years I’ve stocked up based on more of these fears than I can count. No more for me. I refuse to follow the masses and live in fear.
Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back