• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion caps and powders out of stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a thousand CCI #11 caps from Basspro about 3 weeks. They have shipped them and should be delivered on Wednesday.
Graf and sons has powder in stock as of yesterday.

My little party store-sporting goods store has plenty of Remington #10 and #11 caps and a few pounds of 777. I got what I need.

My local Sheels has all kinds of caps and I sent the grandson while Im away to grab a couple thousand. I dont have as many as that squirrel in Swandogs avatar but close.

I was just at Cabelas near me a week ago, no caps for revolvers but they had stacks of 777 on the shelves. I usually shoot Goex so I picked some up at a LGS, they had plenty.

As many of you may have noticed, try finding any #10 or #11 revolver percussion caps or fffg powder either online or at your nearest retail outlet that stocks black powder caps and powder. Geox fffg black powder, Hodgdon 777 or Pyrodex P are all gone at my local gun store. Just like the last mad rush of people purchasing of any firearm and ammo due to the COVID-19 virus throughout the U.S., the current political events have made it even worse that even percussion caps and powders have dried up. Vista Outdoor Inc., that owns both CCI and Remington ammunition manufacturing has probably put their percussion caps as a low priority for manufacturing as the company is concentrating on rapid production of metallic cartridges to keep up with present demand. I would also say that Hodgdon has a low priority for their powder products as they probably are shipping powders to the cartridge manufacturers than for home reloaders. Looks like I'm down to a couple of #10 Remington caps and a couple of pounds of Geox and 777 so I'll not be shooting my Uberti 1860 and 1858 revolvers any time soon. 😭
My My, flint guns are looking better all the time! Who would of thunk it ?

Three weeks ago was in a Mills Fleet & Farm in Minnesota. Many empty shelves in the ammo section. Walked past the muzzle loading section and they has # 10 and # 11 caps for sale. On a hunch I purchased 3 of each. Had not paid any attention to availability as I am usually well stocked.

Didn’t realize it was against the law to sell powder, I was about to mention my father in law (being a member of NSSA that has become too old to shoot) has Dynamit Nobel German percussion primers No1081, 3 1000 unit boxes and a butt load of powder in southeast Alabama.
That stuff needs a new home, guess I’ll have to figure something else out.

This past weekend I had a little time so I made my way into two different LGS. In the past neither ever carried real black powder, but usually had a healthy supply of substitutes. Additionally, each typically carried a variety of caps and projectiles.

LGS #1 had no muzzle loading powder at all, except for 1 lonely box of Pyrodex pellets. No conicals of any kind. Had as many .58 and .45 round balls as you might want, but no .50 or .54. One tin of #10 caps, no #11 caps, but a good supply of the CCI Multi-use musket caps (not the re-enactor type).

LGS #2 had 4-5 containers of 777 and numerous boxes of pellets, but no other loose powder. They had some "modern" projectiles, but none of our kind. No round balls to be seen. They did, however, have a large supply of the same CCI Multi-use musket caps, as well as some Winchester "Magnum" #11 BP caps.

BAArcher, I wouldn't mind getting some of the caps if I get over to that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back