• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andre V

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I own a SxS 12ga pedersoli, and was interested in the history of this gun.

I know from the pedersoli site that the gun is a replica of an english gun. Does anyone know what english gun/maker and what period? It would be nice to know.

Thanks in advance

I have one aswell and to the best of my knoweldge it does'nt replicate a particular piece,I would think.It seems to embody the best features of the English era shotguns.Although I don't think they had a modified choke in one of the barrels.Just my opinion.Best regards,Jack

Aside from some military guns few production guns are really "copies" of originals, though many are quality, reliable guns, a lot of manufactures stretch the historical connection from a bit to a lot as a marketing ploy.

Yes I agree and also I was amazed at how they are confined to 11/4oz x 89grn of powder when you look at the metal around the breeches. I'm sure they would handle an ounce and a half, hmm one day I may just try it :hmm:
Britsmoothy.

I would suspect that max. loads are set way below the true limit as a safety/liability precaution.You can shoot over an oz. of shot in a .58 or .54 smoothbore with most any of todays barrels, when a cartridge gun would probably top out at 7/8 or less, how the heavy loads pattern is another matter but often the freedom to juggle things around can give the ML an advantage over a cartridge gun with shot.

Back