• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cant figure out what cushion wad diameter i need

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acohill1

72 cal
Reaction score
I cant figure out what size wads i should order from track the wolf. I don't see any "choke" proof marks on my pedersoli... do you guys see any marking to let me know how choked each barrel is? 18.3 is just a standard 12ga correct?

These barrels seem super tight. I'm having trouble even getting a standard plastic 12ga wad to fit in much less go down the barrel... I don't have access to calipers and would prefer not to have to goto a gun store and deal with those "lovley" people.

Attachments

• 20240119_160917.jpg
    20240119_160917.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240119_160857.jpg
    20240119_160857.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240119_160845.jpg
    20240119_160845.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 0
Do you know if it is choked? Mine is. Measure your bore the best you can if you have a caliper. Mine are full choke and measure around .670 at the muzzle. The barrels are marked 18.3 like yours. Below the chokes they are around .710 if I remember right. 13 gauge wads and cards work .

I bought 13ga Fibre wads from track the wolf. It's 12$. I'm also going to look into a 3/4in and a 19mm hole punch

Plastic?
Are you getting your wads from an ml supplier?
Components for reloading 12 gage or what have you will often be just a smidge bigger then what you need
By the by, see if you can find where a fizz is sleeping. Take your ramrod and go snake said sleeping bear until it’s awake
Then run
That’s a better option then putting plastic wads in your ml gun
Ok I exaggerate, but plastic wads don’t work well in ml

Plastic?
Are you getting your wads from an ml supplier?
Components for reloading 12 gage or what have you will often be just a smidge bigger then what you need
By the by, see if you can find where a fizz is sleeping. Take your ramrod and go snake said sleeping bear until it’s awake
Then run
That’s a better option then putting plastic wads in your ml gun
Ok I exaggerate, but plastic wads don’t work well in ml
i tried the plastic just to get an idea how tight the choke was. like i said above i bought fibre wads and plan on getting a punch for cards

All commercial wads are based on loading cartridge cases, not the gauge or bore of the gun.
Forget them.
Make or otherwise cut cards, stamped +.040-.050" larger than stamped on the barrel.
A .750 over shot card will do.
They curl past the choke and the rammer will right them onto the powder. Three or four on the powder job done go shoot.

All commercial wads are based on loading cartridge cases, not the gauge or bore of the gun.
Forget them.
Make or otherwise cut cards, stamped +.040-.050" larger than stamped on the barrel.
A .750 over shot card will do.
They curl past the choke and the rammer will right them onto the powder. Three or four on the powder job done go shoot.
Okay. I already got the Fibre ones otw. It'll be fun to test the skychief load with them. I'll buy an arch punch or something as soon as I can

I have fiber wads for 10,11,16,and 20 ga. They sit in my gun room taking up space. I use over powder wads a wool wad, with mink oil and over shot cards. The fiber wads blow holes in the pattern. I did cut them in thirds and they worked but the wool wads are less trouble and grease up better.

I planned on breaking 2 in half one greased one not and "fluffing" them up. Non greased halfs over the powder greased halls over the shot.

Latest posts

Back