• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Deluxe Shotguns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some really nice guns. But in that kind of condition on this side of the Atlantic they would be north of $4000, likely well north.
For $4000 dealers that are buying them in the UK shipping them to the States and are making a fortune ,yes the Uk market is low in price for both antique and modern weapons Take the image in this thread of the cased W Greener that gun complete cost me one year ago £ 550 which will average against the dollar of 700 that's a big difference to 4000
Feltwad

Those are some really nice guns. But in that kind of condition on this side of the Atlantic they would be north of $4000, likely well north.
I have not bought one in awhile but that has not been my experience, when I was active in trading in doubles I never paid over $1,000.00 for one.

Most were in the $700.00 and under range, lots of people do not want them because those Damascus barrels "blow up" don't you know.

Here is one that stuck, 14 gauge.

Hollis and Sheath 3.jpg

I had a Pedersoli double many years ago. The prettiest gun I ever had. This was before information was widely available on loads. On my own I could not get that gun to pattern well enough to be useful. I remember the chrome-lined barrels. I stupidly let it go like so many other really nice muzzleloaders.

To be honest I would keep off reproes, too buy two of the same type it would have been better to use the money and buy a original English sxs shotgun . At the present they are so cheap in the UK with a flooded market which eventfully will end up in the States by the container load .
Feltwad
Will someone let me know when these cheap doubles show up. 😄

Blah Blah Blah........ you go to sites that are known for high prices and complain they have high prices.

I know some of you can not but if you go to where the shotguns are you will find better prices, I bought quite a few at Friendship, shotguns are there because they get used a lot there. Buy and sell some at the local BP clubs also if they have BP trap shoots.

Go where the guns are and you will find plenty.

Last edited:
For $4000 dealers that are buying them in the UK shipping them to the States and are making a fortune ,yes the Uk market is low in price for both antique and modern weapons Take the image in this thread of the cased W Greener that gun complete cost me one year ago £ 550 which will average against the dollar of 700 that's a big difference to 4000
Feltwad
Yep. It is what it is.

I admire your enthusiasm but to shoot a hand made English sxs to a factory machine made you will soon see the difference. so enjoy your repro and may be one day you see the difference
FeltwadView attachment 278690View attachment 278691
Beautiful Shotguns and in the style of presentation cases that I like. I have been converting shotgun cases the past few weeks to fit my muzzleloaders as shotgun cases today are not long enough in the stock area. I have yet to see any shotguns available in that kind of condition for sale. Most of the ones I see I can appreciate them for what they are, but they were rode hard and put away wet a long time ago. It is difficult to find high quality older black powder guns, or ones that are worth restoring. Ones in that shape would interest me.

I saw two at the eastern or northeastern, the one in Pennsylvania this summer . Both Pedersoli one $700 the other at $1200 .

Back