• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Old Guys vs Young Guys

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jethro224

Reaction score
Old Guys vs Young Guys Shootin' Contest

A while back, there were some Old Guys here on the Forum braggin' about how they could out-shoot us young whippersnappers. Well, here's their chance to prove it. We're having an Old Guys vs. Young Guys Shootin' Contest!

There will be two teams.

Anyone who is 50 years of age or older as of July 1, 2009 is an Old Guy. Anyone who is less than 50 years of age as of July 1, 2009 is a Young Guy.
Any member who was born at any time of day on July 1, 1959 is automatically an Old Guy.

The captain of the Young Guys will be me, Jethro224.

The captain of the Old Guys will be Mountainman56.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open sighted muzzleloading firearms are allowed. Use a smoothbore, or a rifle, or a muzzleloading handgun(NO Cannons). Percussion, flintlock, matchlock, any traditional style ignition.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 50 yards.

One shot per member.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than one hole will be disqualified.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The target is a standard sheet of printer paper with an X drawn thru the center corner-to-corner.

Shots will be measured from the center of the hole to the center of the paper.

Each team captain will measure his teams shots and record the scores. Scores will be forwarded to Musketman who will be the referee. At the end of the contest the winning team will be decided by the AVERAGE SCORE for all shooters from each team.

Take your best shot.

Write your screen name and age as of July 1, 2009 on your target.

Mail your target to your respective team captain postmarked by August 30, 2009.

Captain of the Young Guys team;
Jethro224

Jim Green
P.O.Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Captain of the Old Guys team;
Mountainman56

Brian Olsen
2013 W 8th
Fort Stockton, TX 79735

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

RC said:

Well doggies, that young feller is speechless. Kind of reminds me of the time Granny was cookin' up a heapin kettle of 'possum, Jethro kept his mouth shut so'n he wouldn't loose any of his vittles.

I surely do love Granny's kettle possum. Cain't beat it.

Dang Uncle Jed, you jist might be the OLDEST Old Guy if'n you git in on the contest.

Well I'm in, as an "old guy". Guess I didn't get all this grey hair fer nothin. Not sure I like refering to Jethro as a "young-un" though. At least Uncle Jed is almost twice my age. :thumbsup: GW

That's why I like hangin' out on the Forum. It makes me look young bein' surrounded by all you old far... guys. :blah:

oldsoggy.jpg

Lookie here you young whippersnipper; if I can remember where I put my rifle I'm gonna shoot ............................what'd you say I'm suposed to shoot at;....... my printer ?

Do they have a range at the Retired Generals Home?

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Kinda gives ya a whole new understanding of why they might call him Soggy... :rotf:

Jethro224 said:
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: Kinda gives ya a whole new understanding of why they might call him Soggy... :rotf:
:hmm: :hmm: ...Now that "DEPENDS" :rotf: :rotf:

Well Jethro, this is one I HAVE to get in on, since I was one of those guys saying "Old Guys Rule!!!" :thumbsup: So, Mountainman 56 we got our braggin to uphold. :grin: Now, if I can find my rifle, I'll get a sheet of paper and go for it. :hmm: Ok, "Old Guys" let's get with it. Shoot straight to defend our honor.

See ya, Jim'OH :hatsoff:

Looks like the gauntlet has been dropped...I will confirm when I find my glasses :hmm:

I will add this to my fourth of July events. :thumbsup:
Good luck to the old,shakey,fellas though. :)

Boomer

By your definition, I'm a rather "new" old guy. To give the young guys a chance, I think you should set the cutoff at 70 instead of 50. :blah:

Well, so it's the old guys against the youngens.

I haven't shot for almost a year, so I gotta ask for a handicap. Hell, I haven't seen my glasses for two days, much less my gun...nor do I have any expectation of seeing my sights, much less a target.

Come to think of it. I can see fine without my glasses, but I can't hear a thing without 'em. :v

God bless,
J.D.

Jethro224 said:
One shot per member.

Umm....since the rules don't mention first, second, last, or BEST shot of the day, I think there will be some mighty good scores turned in.

Did I mention that Mrs. skunkskinner just bought me a 500 sheet printer paper package from Office Max. :grin:

I'm in.
:v

CZMark said:
By your definition, I'm a rather "new" old guy. To give the young guys a chance, I think you should set the cutoff at 70 instead of 50. :blah:

That mighta been a good plan. :hmm:
Where were you when I was typin' up the rules? :slap:

skunkskinner said:
Jethro224 said:
One shot per member.

Umm....since the rules don't mention first, second, last, or BEST shot of the day, I think there will be some mighty good scores turned in.

Did I mention that Mrs. skunkskinner just bought me a 500 sheet printer paper package from Office Max. :grin:

I'm in.
:v

Oh Geez, the price of powder, lead and paper is goin' up again. :shake:

Jim/OH said:
Well Jethro, this is one I HAVE to get in on, since I was one of those guys saying "Old Guys Rule!!!" :thumbsup: So, Mountainman 56 we got our braggin to uphold. :grin: Now, if I can find my rifle, I'll get a sheet of paper and go for it. :hmm: Ok, "Old Guys" let's get with it. Shoot straight to defend our honor.

See ya, Jim'OH :hatsoff:

Let's get em Jim. I've got my "Old Guys Rule" pictures located. My "Old Guys Rule" coffee cup and t-shirt...now if I can just find my rifle and my........what are them little round lead things called? :shake:

I will be getting myself a construction grade sharpie to draw a couple lines through my target that I can see this time. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back