• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NRA Pronouncement re: LaPierre

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I threw up in my mouth when I saw Page 12 of the March issue. Shameful. He gets to walk free without a bit of contrition.
He does have to repay about 4 million, but he and the entire bunch of them frittered away millions of "our" regular-guy money. The whole "board" should be canned and the Org. re-organized top to bottom. Wayne's a jerk.

I would love to know for real, how many actual members the NRA has. They claim 5 mil., but I gotta wonder. Magazines are required to print a yearly legal statement attesting to their circulation; I'll have to keep an eye out for theirs. I was once a proud NRA member, and will retain my Life, in hopes of a better day. I re-new yearly to the NMLRA, BTW.

Such hate. Wayne was way better than the tires they had before. I think he was Warren Christianson. I wore them to expel the first George Bush for the stuff he said about the NRA and they wouldn’t and he went and made it worse. I detested the first Bush.

Anyway, I think LaPierre did an okay job. It’s easy to complain from the cheap seats.

Such hate. Wayne was way better than the tires they had before. I think he was Warren Christianson. I wore them to expel the first George Bush for the stuff he said about the NRA and they wouldn’t and he went and made it worse. I detested the first Bush.

Anyway, I think LaPierre did an okay job. It’s easy to complain from the cheap seats.
Would be nice if they treated every CEO the same. We pretty much all know they are out for one person, themselves, and will destroy a company before they will think about cutting one of their self created perks or take a paycut. Wayne is no differemt than 90% of the CEO's out there in my work history. Sorry for the political view in an open forum. Just watch undercover boss and see how they live and how out of touch they are with their workers for some easy examples. Let alone the ones through history.

It is important to continue to support firearms and conservation organizations. A couple of years ago the Ruffed Grouse Society brought on a new leader. He cleaned house and got rid of all of the "Regional Directors" who grew fat and too comfortable. He replaced them with Wildlife Biologists and Forestry Managers and shifted the mission back to habitat acquisition and habitat/land management, along with something I have been saying for years the NRA needs to do, attract and recruit young people. There were some grumblings since people resist change by nature, but in the end the organization is stronger and more effective. The quarterly magazine "Covers" is no longer filled with just old guys. It is a nice blend of old guys writing about grouse hunting, grouse guns, and grouse dogs, but more importantly, an equal mix of same with additional conservation articles written by women and young hunters.

Time will tell if the NRA can regain much of its lost membership and credibility.

Last edited:
If they know the feelings of their audience they oughta give him the same respect due an exhiled dictator.
as typical of exiled dictators, he left with a small fortune of $17 million.
to put that is perspective, the average street smuck out there busting his backside to provide for a wife & kids makes $45,000 before taxes.

It would take that guy over 377 years to make that much money. :doh:

And this average street smuck is your prototypical annual NRA member that occasionally send in $25 to help the 2A cause.

I read his statements and could not believe he took no blame or apologized for his transgressions. The man has no shame. Like many things that are happening in our Country now, we should be ashamed, we are letting it happen. I don't want to preach to the choir. You all know what it took to get this Country from tyrants the first time.

The LaPierre types all do these things because they can, and the people around them don’t say a thing because they want to be near them and hope someday they will be the guy on top. Human nature and hubris inevitably lead most CEOs to do these things. They start to feel that they deserve it, so they take it.

He does have to repay about 4 million, but he and the entire bunch of them frittered away millions of "our" regular-guy money. The whole "board" should be canned and the Org. re-organized top to bottom. Wayne's a jerk.
LaPierre and his cohorts must not be considered real Republicans or Conservatives by the NY court.
In our two-tiered justice system, any real conservatives would have been given prison sentences, fined 10-20 million $ apiece, and their real property seized.
Anyone from the other end of the political spectrum would not have had anything to worry about.

Last edited:
Back