• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The NRA's The Guns Of "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waarp8nt

Smidgin Injun
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
East of the Kaskaskia River in Illinois Country
The current (March) edition of American Rifleman has an article "I Reckon So" The Guns Of "The Outlaw Josey Wales". By Philip Schreier the Director of the NRA's National Firearms Museum.

Not a bad article, it's worth reading, but could just as easily been title "The Chase for Movie Memorabilia". Read it if you have time, I found it entertaining as it referenced several older movies I watched with my dad. Don't want to ruin it for anyone by giving out too much detail on what he found.

Good magazine but the fine print just somehow "don't fit my old eyes too well". This has been brought to their attention and they are aware of the problem or should be. I would think alot ,if not most, of their members are older men. They do however continue to NOT remedy the situation. Still a good magazine though. Maybe it's just me complaining?

Good magazine but the fine print just somehow "don't fit my old eyes too well". This has been brought to their attention and they are aware of the problem or should be. I would think alot ,if not most, of their members are older men. They do however continue to NOT remedy the situation. Still a good magazine though. Maybe it's just me complaining?
1708623637043.png

I'm a hold out on going paperless too. I like the hard copy of the American Rifleman. However, if they done the online or reader version correctly it could be done very nicely with a search feature and an enlarged print. I'm not old, but old enough to be stubborn about going paperless. 😁

Got a link? I am not seeing it on their website.

Searched but I couldn't find a link on it either. 😕

Guess I'll never see the article as I dropped the NRA when Wayne La Pierre started compromising all our rights away.

I didn't care for his compromises either, however we won't have to worry about him anymore, he stepped down as president.

"NRA leader resigns after claims he misappropriated funds to pay for opulent lifestyle The longtime leader of the National Rifle Association has stepped down. Wayne LaPierre is accused, along with former leaders of the organization, of skimming funds for personal use. Jan 5, 2024"

There should be checks and balances to prevent misappropriation of funds. Hopefully, there will be now.

Won't cost me any more wasted dollars either. Lots of other pro-gun orgs to support.

I don't think the NRA is a waste of money, their museum is wonderful and I would happily support it. The ranges and schools are a good things too, I've just never taken advantage of them.

Word got around they needed supplies for a youth muzzleloader shoot. I was going to send them 2000 #11 caps for their youth program. When I called the Whittington Center, they didnt know they needed them and the event was being held there... So, I didn't send them. 🤷‍♂️

There are way to many good things that the NRA does to get down on them over one guy.

Two of the clubs I belong to have received grants from them for range improvements and their support of different shooting disciplines is outstanding, then there is all the legislative efforts they do.....

The current (March) edition of American Rifleman has an article "I Reckon So" The Guns Of "The Outlaw Josey Wales". By Philip Schreier the Director of the NRA's National Firearms Museum.

Not a bad article, it's worth reading, but could just as easily been title "The Chase for Movie Memorabilia". Read it if you have time, I found it entertaining as it referenced several older movies I watched with my dad. Don't want to ruin it for anyone by giving out too much detail on what he found.
I agree with your new title for the article. It was not what I was expecting with the one they used.

Latest posts

Back