• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Non-Availability of Imports From Italy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My special secret inside sources tell me that people who believe internet rumors are gullible fools.

I bought this cool little Uberti Colt 1851 revolver a few weeks ago. Notice the date stamp; "20" instead of the alpha characters used before. Wut up wiff that???

100_6833.JPG

100_6834.JPG

100_6835.JPG

I recently bought an almost new Pietta Remington with a date code on the frame in front of the cylinder ending in a "U". The first letter is too faint to read but the gun has 2019 on the bottom of the barrel from the factory and nothing else there.

Whatever the reasons for not shipping, it seems to be affecting Spain, as well. I ordered a Traditions Deluxe Flintlock Kentucky from Muzzle-Loaders.com in the first week of September, and they cannot get them. It is my understanding that the Traditions-branded arms are made in Spain.

My special secret inside sources tell me that people who believe internet rumors are gullible fools.

I bought this cool little Uberti Colt 1851 revolver a few weeks ago. Notice the date stamp; "20" instead of the alpha characters used before. Wut up wiff that???

View attachment 48610
View attachment 48611

View attachment 48612

The Uberti 1849 Pocket Revolver that I bought this month has the same 20 in a box, but it is located on the bottom of the main frame right in front of the brass trigger guard.

The fella that runs Cimarron, any yall remember his muzzleloading shop Bigfoot on the west side of Houston?

I've lived on the west side of Houston since the mid-80's. There was a black powder shop up on the Katy Freeway near Dairy Ashford IIRC. Can't remember the name. I was only in there one time when I first came to town. The next time I went there it was out of business. For the longest time I had to drive across town to Rebel Arms to get any kind of unusual supplies. Collectors still sold powder, ball and caps in those days. I miss having a shop to go to. All mail order now.

Italy manufacturing is doing what US manufacturing is doing. They are using the majority of their resources making valves, pistons, rods, hoses for ventilators and other equipment for Italian hospitals. They probably have one person doing revolver building and have at least 8 month backlog. I guess they would have to repay millions and millions of Euros if they just stopped making firearms all together. Italy doesn't have manufacturing plants all over the country like we have GM and Ford. I am 70 and I can wait until we all get back to usual (only in a much cleaner world) (not EPA clean but dirt free and germ free).

Italy manufacturing is doing what US manufacturing is doing. They are using the majority of their resources making valves, pistons, rods, hoses for ventilators and other equipment for Italian hospitals. They probably have one person doing revolver building and have at least 8 month backlog. I guess they would have to repay millions and millions of Euros if they just stopped making firearms all together. Italy doesn't have manufacturing plants all over the country like we have GM and Ford. I am 70 and I can wait until we all get back to usual (only in a much cleaner world) (not EPA clean but dirt free and germ free).

Italy has about 24 different auto manufacturers. That's a lot when you consider it's size

1604279421716.png

Back