• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Non-Availability of Imports From Italy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoothshooter

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Was on the phone with Cimarron Arms ordering a spare revolver cylinder the other day.
I later asked if they were getting anything at all shipped to them from Italy. The guy said they were not expecting ANYTHING out of Italy until well into 2021, maybe 2022.

my belief is many companies are using the virus as an excuse to do things that would otherwise cast them in a bad light. I would not be surprised if the Italian government is going to pay these guys to restructure and quit making firearms.

my belief is many companies are using the virus as an excuse to do things that would otherwise cast them in a bad light. I would not be surprised if the Italian government is going to pay these guys to restructure and quit making firearms.
That would be a bad development. I don't know what the mood is in Italy right now: other than rioting over the mandatory economic shutdown. For a replica firearms manufacturer it would seem an imprudent time to start manufacturing silverware.

Well, I guess I'm glad I got in under the wire buying my Hawken kit this summer.

My inside sources say they are going to restructure to make these instead of firearms:
A9D55998-E5C0-406D-9451-D3440E8E6B79.jpeg

Cimarron is not it's own manufacturer. It contracts with other manufacturers to produce it's guns, these guns are made in "runs". Uberti and Pedersoli , the two main companies that produce Cimarron guns aren't that big.

I love some of the conspiracy theories but personally I think market destabilization plays a bigger role.

I had an issue with Lyman once and I got the impression that they just placed a big order and when it ran out that was it for a while. There was never a constant flow of goods even before Covid which is why they gave me a refund for my problem instead of sending what I needed. So any delay on anything would delay everything. Can’t say the same for others though.

And this is of course based on........

And for some reason the Italian machine and equipment builders I deal with are having the same issues.

Kind of like saying the toilet paper shortage was because the government was going to restructure the toilet paper companies to print money.

Cimarron is not it's own manufacturer. It contracts with other manufacturers to produce it's guns, these guns are made in "runs". Uberti and Pedersoli , the two main companies that produce Cimarron guns aren't that big.

I love some of the conspiracy theories but personally I think market destabilization plays a bigger role.

A big part of the reason Italy isn't producing things is it was hit so hard by the virus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the Italian gunmakers have yet caught up with production limitations imposed by pandemic-related shutdowns earlier this year. There is now a resurgence of the virus, and much of Europe is locking down again. I'm sure this affects all of their industries.

There may be some anti-gun sentiment in Italy... I don't know. However, we do know that Italy has been a gun making center since at least the 16th century, and I believe they are very proud of their traditions. Their arms manufacturers also serve an international market. It's not just us Americans and Canadians who are affected.

You can bet the folks at Uberti, Beretta, Pedersoli, ArmiSport, Pietta, and all of the others would love to get back to work making and shipping guns. They have bills to pay, families to feed, and kids to send to college, just as we do. It would not surprise me at all if it takes until the end of next year to really get things rolling again. Again, even when they get back to full production, it will probably take some time for them to fill back orders, both here and abroad.

I think if you want some gun and find it in stock you would be wise to go ahead and buy it. If you have desirable Italian guns you no longer want or need, this is probably a good time to put them up for sale.

Best regards,
Notchy Bob

Back