• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Movie The Revenant?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at a Holiday Inn Express recently and I watched the last half hour of Titanic just to see him off this mortal coil -- but Leonardo dies off camera. We need him to film a remake and correct this travesty!!!

Dying of cold is really pretty tame, I'm told. I remember seeing a MM movie years ago wherein the protagonist stepped in a bear trap in a creek and then got plugged with a .50 ML rifle and performed a howling death scene so satisfying we can only hope for a similarly fitting demise for DeCaprio in the upcoming recital. :grin: George.

Not responding to anyone in particular-----while on my way to Bent's Fort for the National Fur Trade Symposium, I got a chance to read through the script. Like most stuff out of Hollywood, this bears little resemblance to actual historical fact, in fact this movie will only very loosely follow the Hugh Glass story. A couple of friends of mine, Loren Yellowbird and Clay Landry, were advisors on the film (I had been offered the job, but declined), and Clay tells me to go see it, and just suspend any historical knowledge and enjoy it for what it is. I'm sure I'll go see it, although my wife hates watching any historical film with me---I tend to talk to the screen, telling them what's out of place.

And for what it's worth, the script I read has Glass/DeCaprio surviving----at least for awhile.

Rod

Hopefully with all the make up I can get past it being Decraprio. Since acting is all fake anyway, maybe he can fake being a man too.

I'm kind of the opinion that even a bad mountainman movie is better than most of the stuff Hollywood puts out. (I have been known to be wrong though)

Rod L said:
And for what it's worth, the script I read has Glass/DeCaprio surviving----at least for awhile.

Rod

Gawd dammit!

Amazing! 6 pages of comments about a movie no one has seen..... :rotf:

Can't wait to see the movie myself and see everyone's reviews..... :rotf:

I'll definitely go see it. I don't watch Hollywood stuff to learn about history, I go for entertainment. Hopefully it will provide some of that.

NHMoose, do what I'm gonna do... Leave the theater after the point where the antagonist kills his "son" and they bury ol' DiCaprio himself alive. Yes, I'll pay to see that. And double on the big screen!

You guys realize Titanic was nearly 20 years ago right? Since then DiCaprio has been in a series of big movies directed by Martin Scorcese (5 movies total), Clint Eastwood, Steven Speilberg, Sam Mendes, Quentin Tarrantino, Christopher Nolan, Woody Allen, and Ridley Scott.
I'm working under the assumption you know and like at least a few movies made by these directors. Not all of them were great movies, but most were very good.
I'm not a huge fan of DiCaprio, and I'm not sure exactly why in particular he is Scorcese's muse like DiNero was, but he has come a long way since 1997. If you can find a role of his to bash in the past 10-15 years, please do that, otherwise its impossible to take criticism of this as yet unreleased movie seriously.
The Revenant is directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu. He is a highly celebrated director and has made some excellent films. I predict this film is going to be a great, very entertaining movie. Some oddball stuff will be wholly inaccurate and fictitious, sure, but this is Hollywood, and meant to be entertaining, not educational.
I'll be seeing it in the theatre.

My personal opinion is that putting decrappyhole in any movie is a big mistake. I liked the movie Gangs of New York, but he made it less believable because it was hard to imagine him as a bada**. The only person who saved that movie was Daniel Day Lewis.

I like the movie The Quick and the Dead, but his character was the weakest one due to his performance. Oh, and Alden, he gets shot and killed by his own dad in that one. So enjoy. :blah:

The version of Romeo and Juliet was terrible, and not all due to him. It just was horrible.

Titanic, OK movie, but the characters were not likable.

Man in the Iron mask was good, but would have been better without this pretty boys weak acting.

The Aviator would have been better with a much more talented actor playing Hughes.

Any other movies he's in have not been among my watched list. I probably have seen some of them, but he leaves me as bored as can be. He's like Tom Cruze. He's always playing a character, but it's always Tom Cruze. Same with Leo. Maybe if I liked him as a person I'd enjoy some of his performances, but I just don't like his personality and therefor I don't empathize or care about his characters.

I don't like Ben Aflack (said like the Aflack duck) or his buddy Matt Daemon. If those two are in a movie I will surely avoid it at all cost.

At least DeCrappyhole isn't that bad for me. I may still watch a movie with him in it at least.

This mountain man movie will most likely be one I'll watch when it comes out on DVD.

I may or may not go see it. Mostly because we don't go to many movies. Having said that one hope I have is the movie may re-energize some interest by young people in the great sport and tradition that we enjoy with muzzleloaders.

If I see it and I may wait till it shows up on DVD or streaming on Netflix, I'll enjoy a mountain man movie and pick on the errors.

well said , heck how many of us would have went to see Jerimiah Johnson now if you use the same reasoning as a few are using now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back