• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

National Escargot Day is May 24 - Let's Shoot Some Snails

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary, I missed the April shoot but got a smoothbore target in today. 25yds, offhand. Looks like a score of 20.
.62 cal Fusil De Chasse
.600 RB
.020 patch, ballistol/water lube, cut at the muzzle
70 gr Swiss 2F, 2F in the pan

Gary, I missed the April shoot but got a smoothbore target in today. 25yds, offhand. Looks like a score of 20.
.62 cal Fusil De Chasse
.600 RB
.020 patch, ballistol/water lube, cut at the muzzle
70 gr Swiss 2F, 2F in the pan
View attachment 319014
That is great shooting!

Jacksonville was good to me! Believe I shot a 50 with my “Frankenstein” parts 40 cal. Corrected shot a 40 with my 40.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpeg
    IMG_0208.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You are absolutely right. I was counting the entire shell. I'm at 25, and can't figure out how to update my original post...

Jacksonville was good to me! Believe I shot a 50 with my “Frankenstein” parts 40 cal.
no matter what that scores, thats some good shooting right there!

My dad and I got together this weekends and shot are black powders we haven't in a long time. My father in law just gave me this underhammer so sighted it in and then decided to shoot this month's target. It doesn't shoot to bad!

Attachments

• 20240512_182059.jpg
    20240512_182059.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Gary after looking at the target I see the bottom shot should only be a 5. So score me for 40.
Rested on bag
.40 poor boy. Just re stocked this rifle.
40 grains of 3f
.390 RB self cast
Pillow tick patch, maxi lube

Neal
040.jpg

Back