• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Meat in da been pot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a truism. Exception maybe being glass maybe, or non stick pots.
Milk in a tin cup is oh so good. The bean pot from above really makes the difference in bean flavor. My copper makes a big difference in stews vs the same stuff in tin, even though the copper is tin lined

:thumb:

Clay pot or earthenware cooking is something I need to do more of.

Try s schlemmertompf (no idea if that is spelled correctly, but its close).
Unglazed clay roasting dish with a cover. A porkloin bedded down inside it with sliced purple cabbage, apples, and onions, comes out truly amazing after little time in the oven.

in terms of life expectinacy, a CAST IRON PAN will OUT LAST A ROCK, BY TEN MINUTES!! be fore they pass on to the great beyond! I put them side by each and observed it!! that is how I know!!

You don’t get micro amounts of toxic petrochemicals from cast iron pans, you get micro amounts if iron. It doesn’t get any better than that.

Huh, what ?
What chemicals ? From where ?

You should be more worried about the meat you eat and what it ate before it was slaughtered.

Huh, what ?
What chemicals ? From where ?

You should be more worried about the meat you eat and what it ate before it was slaughtered.
Fluorinated hydrocarbons, late versions of teflon, and things that start with P. Things found in all the modern, miracle cookware that add themselves to whatever you are cooking.

Fluorinated hydrocarbons, late versions of teflon, and things that start with P. Things found in all the modern, miracle cookware that add themselves to whatever you are cooking.

Oh, I thought we were talking about ceramic ?

Can't argue that many modern forms of cookware may not be ideal, but then some 18th century ones weren't either. A tin pot could have lead solder and a copper pot could poison you if not properly cared for. Some ceramics had lead glazing too.
Pick your poison I guess. :rolleyes:

A lead pot will kill ya
A dirty green copper will make you sick.
manure off your Teflon pot, well you won’t live long enough for it to kill you.

Speaking of cast iron. I just pulled this apple pie out of the oven. Turn up the sound to hear the bubbling, sizzling filling. The smell in the house is absolutely intoxicating. Wait, that might be the whiskey. Never mind.

Attachments

• 9C5E9641-709A-41C5-9885-315AC666B4C0.jpeg
    9C5E9641-709A-41C5-9885-315AC666B4C0.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 82
Was at a rendezvous once that had a ladies only event. They shot, started fire, sewed a seam, but didn’t throw tomahawk. Instead had to bean a man sized target in the head with a skillet. I think they had very polite and well mannered husbands

Was at a rendezvous once that had a ladies only event. They shot, started fire, sewed a seam, but didn’t throw tomahawk. Instead had to bean a man sized target in the head with a skillet. I think they had very polite and well mannered husbands

Ah yes, the old frying pan toss. :)

I have a pound of ground lamb in the freezer. I think I will try the Morroccan recipe with the carrots, onions, and garlic; but add cumin seeds, black peppercorns, and cinnamon stick to the cinnamon, fresh ground black pepper, and oregano.

Love lamb and mutton and goat. But my wife won’t eat it. So I have to wait till she flys to see her son or runs down to see her daughter in Arkansas to have me some.

Back