• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Great Plains signature series (Pedersoli).

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m blessed to have range here at my house. I can go straight from the box to the shooting bench. Some of you may call me a liar but I loaded her up with 80 grain of 2F, a .530 Rb with 018 patch. Held dead on at 25 and this was the first shot off the bench. Now if they all do that I’ll be a happy fat man!!
I believe you! I had a similar experience with my Ithaca Hawkin. First time shooting it at 25 yards white target with a two inch black dot. My friend kept telling me I was missing the target and I was getting upset with my purchase until he went up to the target and all five shots were in the black which we couldn't see from where we stood. Still have that rifle and will not part with it!

I have one more question for you, Treeman. What is the barrel diameter or width across the flats of the Great Plains Signature rifle? I think the Investarms GPR is 15/16" and the Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken is 1". With a weight of 9.8 pounds, I'm thinking the Pedersoli Great Plains Signature rifle must be a full inch.

Again, thanks for your patience and willingness to accommodate all of our questions.

Notchy Bob

I have one more question for you, Treeman. What is the barrel diameter or width across the flats of the Great Plains Signature rifle? I think the Investarms GPR is 15/16" and the Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken is 1". With a weight of 9.8 pounds, I'm thinking the Pedersoli Great Plains Signature rifle must be a full inch.

Again, thanks for your patience and willingness to accommodate all of our questions.

Notchy Bob
I stated earlier that it was a 15/16 because I thought that that’s what it’s advertised as, but out of curiosity I just measured it.

Attachments

• 1144C2D4-631C-4050-9103-121C231BF5AC.jpeg
    1144C2D4-631C-4050-9103-121C231BF5AC.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 164
I stated earlier that it was a 15/16 because I thought that that’s what it’s advertised as, but out of curiosity I just measured it.

Wow... Looks like a full inch. That would explain the weight. There are some advantages to a heavier barrel, though.

Thanks for checking!

Notchy Bob

Did you ever finish refinishing this? You’re right about the factory finish. It’s the only fault I find with the rifle so far. I just got one for Christmas and would like to see what it would look like refinished.

Did you ever finish refinishing this? You’re right about the factory finish. It’s the only fault I find with the rifle so far. I just got one for Christmas and would like to see what it would look like refinished.
Yeah I sure did. I used citristrip to remove the factory finish. I really like that stuff. Requires no sanding and it just peels right off. After letting the stock dry for a day I put on a couple coats of fiebrings alcohol based dark brown shoe dye. I let that dry for a day then put on about 6 coats of 50/50 BLO and matte wipe on poly. After that dried really good I put a coat of Howard’s feed and wax on it. I like my walnut on the dark side. I like this rifle 10x better now with that crappy factory finish removed.

Attachments

• 63CAA121-107B-4BF6-BA7B-CB5033F5998F.jpeg
    63CAA121-107B-4BF6-BA7B-CB5033F5998F.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 9F302033-4579-435E-B417-739885CEE897.jpeg
    9F302033-4579-435E-B417-739885CEE897.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 237
Lol, I have to join the Y to do my post op therapy for my knees in Jan. I wonder if I can rig some kind of a leg press pulley for the gun at home.
Neil
Years ago after knee surgery, and little exercise equipment, my brilliant doctor took a long stocking, put two pounds of shot in it, tied the top shut, and divided it in half with a string. He told me to lie flat on my back with the divided sock over my ankle and lift it two feet off the bed. At first I was to hold it up for a second or two, slowly increasing the raised time. It worked very well, cost little and required no gym membership. Great, simple method. Polecat

Back