• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Lyman Great Plains Rifle with Extra GPH Barrel and Parts .54 Caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Putting up another of my Lyman’s for sale. This is a LOT that includes the rifle plus spare barrel, lock, trigger, and parts. The rifle is originally a 1979 build date Great Plains, which is the first year this was produced. The stock is the most beautiful production Lyman stock I’ve encountered and I tried to show the striping in the photos. As the rifle is presented in the first photo, it is currently set up with a brand new UNFIRED .54 GP Hunter barrel (which is the faster twist) along with Lyman 57GPR peep sights.

The original 1979 AE date .54 GPR barrel (the slower twist rate) is very usable, but does have bore rust. I have still shot it very accurately and hunted with it, but it was abused in a previous life (when I was a dumb teenager) and has plenty of wear marks along it.

Included are two spare tangs, a spare lock, a spare trigger group, the Lyman 57GPR sight box with all included inserts, and a couple of spare nipples and tang screws.

Asking 625 shipped. USPS money order preferred. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_4409.jpeg
    IMG_4409.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4411.jpeg
    IMG_4411.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4412.jpeg
    IMG_4412.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4413.jpeg
    IMG_4413.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4415.jpeg
    IMG_4415.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4417.jpeg
    IMG_4417.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4418.jpeg
    IMG_4418.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4419.jpeg
    IMG_4419.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4420.jpeg
    IMG_4420.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4421.jpeg
    IMG_4421.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Putting up another of my Lyman’s for sale. This is a LOT that includes the rifle plus spare barrel, lock, trigger, and parts. The rifle is originally a 1979 build date Great Plains, which is the first year this was produced. The stock is the most beautiful production Lyman stock I’ve encountered and I tried to show the striping in the photos. As the rifle is presented in the first photo, it is currently set up with a brand new UNFIRED .54 GP Hunter barrel (which is the faster twist) along with Lyman 57GPR peep sights.

The original 1979 AE date .54 GPR barrel (the slower twist rate) is very usable, but does have bore rust. I have still shot it very accurately and hunted with it, but it was abused in a previous life (when I was a dumb teenager) and has plenty of wear marks along it.

Included are two spare tangs, a spare lock, a spare trigger group, the Lyman 57GPR sight box with all included inserts, and a couple of spare nipples and tang screws.

Asking 725 plus shipping. USPS money order preferred. Thanks for looking.

Hi Everyone,

Asking 675 shipped. USPS money order preferred. Thanks for looking.
That, indeed, is beautiful furniture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back