• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Great Plains signature series (Pedersoli).

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic of the Davis Deer Slayer trigger (right) out of my investarms Great Plains compared to the Ped GPR (left).

Attachments

• E5C89188-DAF0-4294-AAAC-87D481200E68.jpeg
    E5C89188-DAF0-4294-AAAC-87D481200E68.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Fishdfly ,

All of your points are well taken. Thank you for your comments!

TreeMan,

The additional pictures (and your patience!) are much appreciated. It looks as if both tang screws do engage the trigger plate, to reinforce the wrist. That's a very good feature. In comparison to the trigger bar or plate on the original St. Louis Hawkens, it is somewhat shorter, but it definitely gives structural support to the wrist.

Those are some very robust triggers on that GPS. Wow!

I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering one of these...

Notchy Bob

"I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering one of these..."

Uhhhhhhh, why? LOL
if I had the money right now, I'd own a percussion .54 GPR bling model myself.
Neil

Fishdfly ,

All of your points are well taken. Thank you for your comments!

TreeMan,

The additional pictures (and your patience!) are much appreciated. It looks as if both tang screws do engage the trigger plate, to reinforce the wrist. That's a very good feature. In comparison to the trigger bar or plate on the original St. Louis Hawkens, it is somewhat shorter, but it definitely gives structural support to the wrist.

Those are some very robust triggers on that GPS. Wow!

I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering one of these...

Notchy Bob
If you order one you can cancel your gym membership because this rifle is as heavy as a 12 yr old kid.

If you order one you can cancel your gym membership because this rifle is as heaving as a 12 yr old kid.
Lol, I have to join the Y to do my post op therapy for my knees in Jan. I wonder if I can rig some kind of a leg press pulley for the gun at home.
Neil

I would get one in a snap, but that weight is too much for me. We drive deer all day, and after lunch, heavier guns get much heavier. Wish they would swamp the barrels.

I just weighed it on my bathroom scale sitting on the muzzle. I did it three times in three different spots on the scale. I then weighed myself with and without the gun. I get a consistent 9.8lbs. Mine is a .54 cal with a 15/16 barrel
Wow, that's a little heavier than the quoted spec.
My Lyman/Investarms GPR "supposedly" weighs 9 pounds, and a Kibler Colonial in 54 cal is supposed to weigh in at under 9-1/2 pounds.

Latest posts

Back