• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for Russian 1808 Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farren55

40 Cal.
Reaction score
As the Title says I am looking for an 1808 Russian Infantry Musket, sadly I cannot find much concrete information; Though From what I understand it is similar to the French 1777 with a thicker Russian Lock.

I went down this path a few years back, trying to document what the Russians brought to America. Can't find my links to online sources at the moment, but even those are pretty skimpy. Visited museums up here and talked to curators looking for examples or references, and they're even pretty vague.

There's one single source for "correct" Russian locks: The Rifle Shop. Wander around their site and they list a bit more, if I recall correctly.

But list is the critical word. Lots of folks have had very bad experiences dealing with TRS, including waits of many years for delivery even after payment, failure to respond to emails, and downright poor business ethics. The "word" from clients who have successfully traversed the TRS minefield is that you should do ALL of your dealings by phone, and only lay down money for parts that are actually in stock. Even then you might wait weeks for them to get around to delivery.

What I am specifically looking for is the russian 1812 equipment/uniform (I have several posts up trying to find some good sources for guns, uniform, greatcoat ect. in the Russian Styles)

even if I never re-enact with it it would still be pretty nice (though the Russian style of 1812 was styled on the French patterns so that may help.

I provided some links in the thread you also started in the Flintlock section. My bet is the moderators are going to combine your threads, but you can go there for the time being to see what I sent you.

Back