• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Let's see some "Poor-boys".

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Brooks,

I'd be tempted to build something on it ,Might have to build it up with some epoxy though!definately poor boy

I fashioned a leather cover to protect the brass buttplate on my flinter no reason it would not work on them poor boys to even better effect

thanks mike i saved the images of your ne liberty gun thnak you ..i searched for a long time but i couldnt find that one ...not gonna lose it this time.. :wink:

I don't know if it qualifies as a "poor boy". It certainly wasn't cheap to build. lol

But it is a fairly simple plain southernesque rifle and first build. .50 GM

50calflinter1.jpg

50calflinter2.jpg

Doe2.jpg

I like the trigger gaurd. What did you use to stain the wood? That is about the exact hue I would like to refinish mine.

Thanks. It a Tennessee style that i cut and reshaped to fit me better. I also redid the triggers from scratch.

the stain is a LMF color but I can't remember exactly which one though. Sorry.

Wow! I love the lines of that stock. That's a fantastic rifle and a real beauty. "Poor Boy" works for me. Is that a Large Siler lock or a Deluxe?

lakota said:
I like the trigger gaurd. What did you use to stain the wood? That is about the exact hue I would like to refinish mine.
Supercracker said:
Thanks. It a Tennessee style that i cut and reshaped to fit me better. I also redid the triggers from scratch.

the stain is a LMF color but I can't remember exactly which one though. Sorry.

Found the bottle over the weekend. It was LMF Nut Brown

Thanks for that info. The finish on mine is starting to show some wear. I have already had to rebrown the butt plate and entry pipe so a more complete refurbishment may be in my rifles near future

Back