• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler has announced a Hawken Kit in the works.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would kill for a Jaeger, but then I'm too old now. Even if it was available. Would like it in 54 or 62. Since I'm just dreaming anyway. Mark

74_03 BR Hawken cartoon.jpg

At 71 and counting I cant get the stem in the watch to run the other direction. I own a couple of Hawkens and I cut my teeth on a TC Hawken many years ago. The ones I own are Bergmann Hawkens one full stock and one half stock. Im happy to see Jim is going to make one. But I dont think I will be ordering one as when I go to the gun safe now the Woodsrunner and the lighter guns seem to jump out at me. Guess I need to start pumping some iron.

View attachment 261712

At 71 and counting I cant get the stem in the watch to run the other direction. I own a couple of Hawkens and I cut my teeth on a TC Hawken many years ago. The ones I own are Bergmann Hawkens one full stock and one half stock. Im happy to see Jim is going to make one. But I dont think I will be ordering one as when I go to the gun safe now the Woodsrunner and the lighter guns seem to jump out at me. Guess I need to start pumping some iron.

'Pumping iron' can easily be simulated by using a rifle instead of weights on a bar...just sayin'.......

I suggested that Jim look into the Hawken Shop kit. I'm also wondering why you guys never looked into it? It's as authentic as you can get. Kit made from the original blueprints and the parts made on the original machines.

What's not to like? Providing you like a heavy gun?

I don't know about the stock market, but if "KBL" was on the Wall Street exchange, he'd be he hottest stock right about now! :thumb:
Don't get me wrong, I really like what Kibler Longrifles is doing, but it's a pretty small sliver of the population that enjoys muzzleloaders. It's an even smaller sliver that likes historic flintlock longrifles. It's a very "niche" market.

"Pumping Iron"

At 63, I train for each coming hunting season. Because I hunt with a Hawken type rifle, I carry an 8 or 10 Lb weight with me on walks and during ladder/step climbs. It simulates carrying a rifle without terrifying my neighbors, lol.

I did too at your age.

I'm 80 now with a lousy back. I've had to shorten the Hawken barrel if i'm to keep hunting.

Getting old is a matter of making adjustments. You'll see in the future. ;)

Not ho hum for a mountain man.

You shouldn't put down what others like.
I don't have any mountains where I live. And I don't have a horse either. I haven't seen an Indian or Buffalo to shoot in 20 years. I just can't see draging around a Harkins in Iowa.

Should be dragging. I'm a distant relative of the Iowa Harkins and after too much whiskey at our family reunions everyone ends up dragging somebody, including the Harkins.
Your family reunions sound like more fun than mine. I'd go to my wife's family reunion but they all hate my stinking guts.

No way in hell will I be jumping on the Kibler Hawken wagon. I have five kits to assemble right now. I need another like a hole in the head. Before I get hooked on Kiblers I'm going cold turkey. Just writing about it now gives me the shakes. Maybe I need therapy.
I am one that likes the Hawkin rifle. I am not interested in none other. I know there are other fine rifles other than a Hawkin but I won't except nothing but the best and that means one type is all I can afford. LOL! It seems that I may squeeze in one more to keep my Ithaca Hawkin company.

I know there’s a lot of excitement out there for this kit, but seriously folks…it’s HAWKEN, not Hawkins, not Hawkin, not Hawkens.

Whatever Kibler comes up with, whether it’s an early J&S or a later Sam Hawken, I’m sure it will be a wonderful representation of an iconic rifle.
-Steve

Last edited:
The English Fowler will come first, wouldn’t be surprised if they opened it up for orders in the next couple of months. You can read Jim’s exact words in the ALR “for sale” thread, it’s right up near the top. My guess is that the Hawken is still a year or so out. I was definitely surprised when he said it would be percussion, but it’s a good thing. Gives him a starting point. There’s a good chance 10 years from now he could offer another 8-10 new kits.
I wish I had the skills, woodworking experience, and tools to do a kit. 10 years is probably beyond my timeline but the Hawken would be in reach. And a favorite.

Back