• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Fowler News - anything???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome…fill us in…what’s a WoodsRunner? When was it developed? Where does it fit in history? Is it from a specific geographical area or community?

Surely these are simple questions…enlighten us.

Here were some specs shared with me on the Woodsrunner offered by Jim
· .45, .50, .54 caliber
· Same Wood Options
· Round Faced English Lock
· Weight 7 ½ to 8 Lbs.
· Barrel Length 39 ¾”
· Sliding Wood Patchbox Only
· Well Swamped Barrel
· It’s tall at the breech, tapers at the wrist, then tapers more at the entry.
· Very handy and easy to carry
· Has strong influences from an actual rifle. Many believe to have been made in the valley in Virginia probably 1760’s
· Reminds you of a true frontier rifle

That’s it? Seriously? All this garbage about who’s first and that’s it? OMG…some people’s kids…
Hey! I resemble that remark!
Here's a little link to some modern master smith's discussing the subject and more pictures for your trouble there @Rock Home Isle.
https://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=49297.0Maybe that will sate your need for others to teach you that which you can't be bothered to find out for yourself.

The Woodrunner has been discussed ad nauseum. Maybe try to search function, and then beat down Kiblers door for a pre-order.

Hey! I resemble that remark!
Here's a little link to some modern master smith's discussing the subject and more pictures for your trouble there @Rock Home Isle.
https://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=49297.0Maybe that will sate your need for others to teach you that which you can't be bothered to find out for yourself.

The Woodrunner has been discussed ad nauseum. Maybe try to search function, and then beat down Kiblers door for a pre-order.
You are awesome…thank you.

Isn't Woodsrunner the working name of the next model? I am super excited Eric Von Aschwege is involved. His guns are gorgeous. Read it would be Woodsrunner, then Fowler, then Hawken. Probably all out over the next five years.

Well sir, there's little else worth going into a little debt for IMHO, bring it on.

So Kibler is going to add to their production line, 3 new rifle platforms?

Something called a RidgeRunner or a WoodsRunner; then a smoothbore of some type; and then a Hawken or PlainsRifle of some sort.

And this will happen over the next 5 years….

Lets hope somethings done for we Left Handlers within the next decade or three.

Color me slightly disappointed that this woodsrunner thing won’t be a fowler, or that the fowler won’t be first. I can see it basically killing demand for the Colonial just because everyone is going to look at those specs and say “well yeah I will go for the one that’s similar but lighter and a bit shorter!”

Can you share with us all how you pr
Color me slightly disappointed that this woodsrunner thing won’t be a fowler, or that the fowler won’t be first. I can see it basically killing demand for the Colonial just because everyone is going to look at those specs and say “well yeah I will go for the one that’s similar but lighter and a bit shorter!”

So can you share with us all how you prefer to hang Toilet Rolls ?

I am waiting for a 20 ga. smoothie. I have both .600 and .610 moulds. I never researched it, and was led to believe smooth bore to be inaccurate. It would be nice to have a gun I could shoot balls or shot.

I’m sure Jim has his reasoning as he seems like a bright individual, however it’s a puzzling business move. A fowler and hawken is vastly different than his colonial which provides better product diversity. The Woodsrunner isn’t

I have a 16 gauge Roger's Rangers flintlock by Larry Zornes. --- I have always liked that gauge.
I've got two of his
My own with ieon fittings,and one I made for mom. Larry fit me the most georgious piece of wood it has brass.

I look forward to K's fowler.

Yeah, I really don’t see much difference between the WoodsRunner and the Colonial…2 versions of the same time general design.

The smoothbore expands the product line…the Mountain Rifle expands the product line. Both of these serve to bring in more sales from people that are looking (1) for a smoothbore & (2) looking for a firearm from the early Western period.

But in my opinion, the addition of the WoodsRunner, causes a person to choose, “Do I want the Colonial…Or do I want the WoodsRunner”. I see the WoodsRunner as diluting the sales of the already established Colonial Rifle…

Thoughts?

We all have our opinions and prejudices, If the Woods runner turns out to be what I assume it will be I will order one immediately.

I will not be ordering a fowler or a "Hawkens" unless the "Hawkens" is a flintlock, half stock with a swamped barrel and doesn't weigh 14 lbs

With the paper hanging over the top rather than under from behind.

Don’t get me wrong, any Kibler will be a great gun and I’m sure it will sell well, but I do find it surprising.

I also note that the Fowler sounds like a pre-carved affair. That’s really exciting. I hope there‘s also an option to purchase an uncarved stock, either because some would like to do it themselves or because they want the trade gun look. Which surprises me the more… that they’re opting for the complicated Fowler rather than the simpler trade gun (which, with Kibler’s reputation would still sell like hotcakes.)

Back