• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16 gauge...that's interesting. Apparently, my great-grandfather (an avid hunter who kept decoy ducks when live decoys were legal) was very fond of the 16. He passed away before my mom was born, but her dad (my grandpa) inherited two Browning Auto-5s in 16 gauge. When my uncle passed in 2019, I inherited them. He also had a double-barreled 12 gauge I now have, but I need to replace the stock on that.

I’ve been working on it. Have the barrel turning pretty much squared away and am just about ready to setup the toolpaths on the stock. We had our biggest month ever I n January so production has taken a priority. This is a good thing I guess😀. Katherine and I are going on a little trip for a few days next week an I’m looking forward to getting some programming done. So, long story short, it’s coming along. Maybe not as fast as we would like, but it’s getting there. Thanks for the excitement and interest. I can say that it’s going to be a really great kit.

I’ve been working on it. Have the barrel turning pretty much squared away and am just about ready to setup the toolpaths on the stock. We had our biggest month ever I n January so production has taken a priority. This is a good thing I guess😀. Katherine and I are going on a little trip for a few days next week an I’m looking forward to getting some programming done. So, long story short, it’s coming along. Maybe not as fast as we would like, but it’s getting there. Thanks for the excitement and interest. I can say that it’s going to be a really great kit.
Thanks for the work you and your staff do. I recently purchased a woods runner with some fancy maple and have decided to send it to CE for a professional touch. Quality such as Kiblers deserves an experienced and authentic touch to make it a piece of modern history.
Thanks again for your historical motivation that allows many folks to have a near close piece of living history. I plan to purchase a St Lewy special whenever yall get the production line tooled up.
Thanks!
Treetop

I grew up hunting with a 16 ga. Killed everything from deer to doves. Would be a good choice for a Fowler.
A true 16, not a 16 on a 12 frame just feels right. Man oh man, memory lane here I come. Family lore has it my ma got my pop that Browning using green stamps. I couldn't imagine some of the libs today doing that. Their heads would explode 🤣

I think we are an important point: a 16 muzzleloader is NOT a 16 smokeless gun. It just ain't and it won't perform like one. That said, I want one of the upcoming 16 kits real bad.

I predict that over time Kibler will surpass TC in the number of flintlock rifles sold. If he ever starts turning out percussion rifles he is going to need a huge factory just to keep up, probably why he is sticking to flint. A man can only do so much.
Unless I am mistaken isn't the Kibler Hawken percussion gun in the works after the fowler. I thought that was put out by them a while back.

Research it. A 16 gauge shoots a "square load" . If the gun is sized to the bore it's the best option for a shotgun. Once again in my humble opinion. I used to grouse hunt with my setter in PA using early American double guns. My 1912 L.C. Smith 16 bore is my go to gun.
I have an LC 20 now but I used to bird hunt with a Fox Sterlingworth 16 made in 1913. It had 2 1/2" chambers. Selling that Fox was probably one of the top 3 dumb gun sales I ever did.

I predict that over time Kibler will surpass TC in the number of flintlock rifles sold. If he ever starts turning out percussion rifles he is going to need a huge factory just to keep up, probably why he is sticking to flint. A man can only do so much.
Finding or training good workers and retaining them is a real problem across the country nowadays when it comes to manufacturing.
Too much easily had government money is available to those of normal working age who know how to work the system so they can play more video games, watch TV, snooze, loaf, etc.

Thanks for the update. This new fowling piece will be really cool gun, especially in sixteen gauge. I grew up shooting an old Lefever double in that bore size. I learned wingshooting with it. I’ve never had a sixteen gauge muzzleloader, but that might change when these kits become available.

Notchy Bob

Back