• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler Fowler News - anything???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested in the Woodsrunner. When it comes to Kiblers production...I think he knows his market very darn well from how successful he seems to be so far. I would think the Hawkins market is somewhat flooded by ...Hawkins. The fowler sound interesting, but I would think more of a niche market.
The woodsrunner...Like the other two, a firearm of popular styling, but more steered for practical hunting. I would have liked the Colonial in a .45 myself, so thus this may be an option. Just my thoughts.

I am interested in the Woodsrunner. When it comes to Kiblers production...I think he knows his market very darn well from how successful he seems to be so far. I would think the Hawkins market is somewhat flooded by ...Hawkins. The fowler sound interesting, but I would think more of a niche market.
The woodsrunner...Like the other two, a firearm of popular styling, but more steered for practical hunting. I would have liked the Colonial in a .45 myself, so thus this may be an option. Just my thoughts.

"I would think the Hawkins market is somewhat flooded by ...Hawkins." Hawkens ?
Or do you mean modernised, brass ornamented "reasonable" facsimiles of them ?

I believe Mr Kibler is sharp enough to realise that there's a market for a good quality authentic Hawken kit that doesn't take the customer half a lifetime to fit and finish. I'm certainly interested in one even though I'm facing expensive freight to Australia.

I'm retired and have plenty of time to work on a Kit, but for many others still working they don't have the spare time to labour on kits that demand considerable committed work; and I've come to believe that may be part of why some shy off of kit ML's.

Seems to me Jim Kibler understands this, and has produced the right level of Kit with the right level of quality; and the minimum amount of fit and finish required to complete.
Additionally he's intent on producing authentic reproductions for many of us hungry for that and the quality of it, I predict that Kibler Kits well finished will become Collectables in their own right.

With the paper hanging over the top rather than under from behind.

Don’t get me wrong, any Kibler will be a great gun and I’m sure it will sell well, but I do find it surprising.

I also note that the Fowler sounds like a pre-carved affair. That’s really exciting. I hope there‘s also an option to purchase an uncarved stock, either because some would like to do it themselves or because they want the trade gun look. Which surprises me the more… that they’re opting for the complicated Fowler rather than the simpler trade gun (which, with Kibler’s reputation would still sell like hotcakes.)

"With the paper hanging over the top rather than under from behind." Well met sir we are kindred spirits in the pursuit of manly virtues.

i will go with a 16 ga [ or better yet 12] there are plenty of 20 's out there. but i need it now, i need it :ghostly:

I can see an encampment being established outside the Kibler residence, populated with a multitude of middle age retirees "hinting" at their hunger for the "release the Fowler kit" moment. Try and keep it peaceful fellas.

I received a reply from Lorie at Kiblers in response to my question on availability,
"Unfortunately, we are not able to ship our kits to Australia."

Strangely enough Jim Chambers and Pecatonica River don't have a problem with me ordering one of their kits though.

I received a reply from Lorie at Kiblers in response to my question on availability,
"Unfortunately, we are not able to ship our kits to Australia."

Strangely enough Jim Chambers and Pecatonica River don't have a problem with me ordering one of their kits though.
There was another forum member who struggled to get Kibler’s kits to Australia.

I can see an encampment being established outside the Kibler residence, populated with a multitude of middle age retirees "hinting" at their hunger for the "release the Fowler kit" moment. Try and keep it peaceful fellas.

I’m in the fourth tent, drop in and say howdy!
Just don’t even think about jumping the line!

Im no

I'm not bad mouthing Jim Kibler, I believe that he's an ethical guy who's producing top quality products at more than reasonable prices.

An email from Lorie this morning explained why, at my end Australian import restrictions now include a Registered number stamped on the Barrel of any imported kit.
I've replied explaining our situation here and asked Jim to reconsider, we wait.

Im no

I'm not bad mouthing Jim Kibler, I believe that he's an ethical guy who's producing top quality products at more than reasonable prices.

An email from Lorie this morning explained why, at me end Australian import restrictions now include a Registered number stamped on the Barrel of any imported kit.
I've replied explaining our situation here and asked Jim to reconsider, we wait.

Im no

An email from Lorie this morning explained why, at me end Australian import restrictions now include a Registered number stamped on the Barrel of any imported kit.
I think that’s what the other guy said too, but I couldn’t remember for sure.

Side note: A couple years ago I drew a Kansas elk tag on a military base. My smoke pole was an issue during inspection, because of no serial number. It ended up working out, but I understand how it can be an issue.

I think that’s what the other guy said too, but I couldn’t remember for sure.

Side note: A couple years ago I drew a Kansas elk tag on a military base. My smoke pole was an issue during inspection, because of no serial number. It ended up working out, but I understand how it can be an issue.

I had an Aussie Navy mate who used to shoot Sharks off a Patrol Boat up north with an original Brown Bess !

Latest posts

Back