• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just ordered my Walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeb

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I just ordered my Walker and was told about 90 days before delivery. I'm glad I'll be busy with Christmas so the time might go quicker, may-be. In the mean time I have to stock up on all the goodies I'll need before delivery. Cause when I get it I'll need to put it on my licenses before I can shoot in communist NY. Merry Christmas to me

I had to order it from a local gun store, I cannot buy direct here in NY because of the laws so if I bought it from say The Possibles Shop I would have to have them send the gun to an FFL in NY and then pay the FFL delivery fees in addition to the price of the gun or just buy it from the FFL and wait. Yet I can own this gun without a licenses but if I want to shoot it then I have to have a pistol license (which I do) and register the gun. If I have then gun, powder, ball, and caps I would be in violation of the law. I hope this is a short lesson on giving up our freedom in NY. PLEASE don't take your rights for granted.

Are you in NYC? If not, then you did not have to go through an FFL to receive it, but do need to put it on your pistol license weapons sheet to shoot it or possess the gun ,powder, caps and balls. I used to be a Long Islander (Suffolk County).

Ya, I thought that also being a Suffolk resident outside of NYC, but was told differently by an FFL so I called SCPD license office and was told I had to receive it through an FFL only because it is a fire able pistol.

Just my two cents but as a currently slightly intoxicated Georgia Boy, Why do you put up with all that Cr#&? I would say move to America.

well i will type quietly this morning till you have yer coffee, but i hear you bud, i would like nothing more than to move to the commonwealth of PA. but Wifey isn't ready to go just yet, so for now this is home. i guess you know the way it is with that.

Im just a redneck that dont know squat but sounds to me like yall need to flush the toilet come election time an let some new dung sit in the crapper. Maybe some dung that KNOWS how you feel about stupid laws an the dung piles that make them. (just my own personal opinion) that I threw in when I should have kept my big mouth shut :hmm:

Jeb: I'm sure sorry you have to go through all this stuff for a cap and ball revolver. It sure doesn't seem right, but then I'm out here in Oregon. My kin left New York -- Kinderhook -- about 1850.

Ya could'nt PAY me enough money to move to N.Y. or New Jersey or California. I'd rather stay down here and be a redneck!.

And I thought I had it bad here in Illinois. I feel for you man. Maybe someday ALL the state in the US will actually be American.

I share your pain :( , I was born in Philadelphia and moved to south Jersey in 1954 when I was six years old. south Jersey was not a bad place to live back then, my buddys and I used to walk down the road with our 22 rifles over our shoulders and spend the day shooting on the abandon farm. The local police new us and if they saw us would sometimes give us a ride or at least a friendly wave. Fast forward to now, everything has changed, that old farm is a giant subdivision, The creek where I spent much of my youth is now a giant fenced off mound of earth covering years of Philadelphia's transported trash, garbage and industrial waste, it's now a superfund sight unsafe for living things :(. People everywhere, rude and nasty, the result of over crowding. It's just about every man for himself now. If a boy walked down that same road now with his rifle on his shoulder he would have a swat team on him in 30 seconds.
Sorry for the rant, back to the topic. That Walker is a great sixgun, one thing to be aware of with full house loads the loading lever will most likely drop from the recoil and can lock up the gun. There is a fix however, by fileing the retaining latch under the barrel I was able to eliminate the droping latch problem. I was able to get instruction on how to file the latch by googleing it. Good luck with your new Walker :thumbsup:

armakiller said:
Ya could'nt PAY me enough money to move to N.Y. or New Jersey or California. I'd rather stay down here and be a redneck!.

Amen! This redneck stays in the Iowa/Nebraska country outta Omaha (a little bad, have to register all guns bought in Omaha even if you don't live there, and they tried to make you register your carry piece if you don't live in Omaha/Nebraska)

Back