• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ordered a Crockett .32

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated good news! I received word that my rifle had been delivered safe and sound to my parents house. It seems like forever since this has been going on (nearly a month).

On a side note, my parents arrived home and found the rifle sitting next to the front door. They didn’t sign for it. So, I think I may raise a bit of stink with FedEx. Not being able to sign was they problem with my initial delivery attempts at my house, which caused me to have it delivered to my parents. But, they just left it at their house and went on down the road. Something doesn’t make sense. I would have had this in my possession weeks ago if they would have just worked with me.

Anyway, I’m just glad to be getting it. I’ll post pics of it once I get it home tomorrow.

Anthony

Updated good news! I received word that my rifle had been delivered safe and sound to my parents house. It seems like forever since this has been going on (nearly a month).

On a side note, my parents arrived home and found the rifle sitting next to the front door. They didn’t sign for it. So, I think I may raise a bit of stink with FedEx. Not being able to sign was they problem with my initial delivery attempts at my house, which caused me to have it delivered to my parents. But, they just left it at their house and went on down the road. Something doesn’t make sense. I would have had this in my possession weeks ago if they would have just worked with me.

Anyway, I’m just glad to be getting it. I’ll post pics of it once I get it home tomorrow.

Anthony
At this point, it made it safe and sound and I'd just get focused on setting it up and shooting. FedEx really didn't care on your original requests and try to get it delivered as requested so, raising a stink over the fact they just left it at the door of your parents house, probably won't come to anything. A voice on the other end will listen politely, and when phone is hung up, they'll move on to the next order of business and never even think on it. 🙄

Looking forward to a shooting report and your thoughts. If you get the aluminum ramrod and don't like it, I'd recommend the Log Cabin Shop's brass rod made for the Crockett.

Anthony
I'm happy for you that it finally made it. FWIW, USPS left my Lyman GPR by leaning up next to my door. I was in another state.

Looking forward on your thoughts on your new Crocket Rifle.

At this point, it made it safe and sound and I'd just get focused on setting it up and shooting. FedEx really didn't care on your original requests and try to get it delivered as requested so, raising a stink over the fact they just left it at the door of your parents house, probably won't come to anything. A voice on the other end will listen politely, and when phone is hung up, they'll move on to the next order of business and never even think on it. 🙄

Looking forward to a shooting report and your thoughts. If you get the aluminum ramrod and don't like it, I'd recommend the Log Cabin Shop's brass rod made for the Crockett.
I’m not going to waste my time with them, just thinking out loud. And I saw the post on those ram rods. I already have in my cart to ship. I like the way it looks as well. It adds a touch of class to an already nice looking rifle.

Anthony

I’m not going to waste my time with them, just thinking out loud. And I saw the post on those ram rods. I already have in my cart to ship. I like the way it looks as well. It adds a touch of class to an already nice looking rifle.

Anthony
I hear ya, not worth wasting the time! The brass ramrod does make it look pretty sharp but, also adds some front weight. It isn't enough to bother me and actually helps me steady it better. If the darn rain would quit long enough around here, I could get out and do some shooting! I was hoping to hit some rabbit time before the season ends on them end of Feb.

I hear ya, not worth wasting the time! The brass ramrod does make it look pretty sharp but, also adds some front weight. It isn't enough to bother me and actually helps me steady it better. If the darn rain would quit long enough around here, I could get out and do some shooting! I was hoping to hit some rabbit time before the season ends on them end of Feb.
I don’t mind the rain, but it’s not conducive for Blackpowder shooting. Like you, I like a heavier muzzle for steady shooting. Tennessee squirrel season ends in mid March, so hopefully I’ll have time to get set up and get some hunts in.

Anthony

Well, I finally have it in my possession. Initial impressions of the fit and finish seem pretty solid. I just wiped it down a bit and set it in the safe.

On another note, I normally don’t name rifles. However, considering the journey this rifle has been on, I’m going to name it “Traveller” after Gen. Lees horse. It seems fitting. I snapped a quick picture before putting it in the safe.

Anthony

Attachments

• 7DA3F0BE-055D-4A69-9AD2-E808A4F9C526.jpeg
    7DA3F0BE-055D-4A69-9AD2-E808A4F9C526.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I don’t mind the rain, but it’s not conducive for Blackpowder shooting. Like you, I like a heavier muzzle for steady shooting. Tennessee squirrel season ends in mid March, so hopefully I’ll have time to get set up and get some hunts in.

Anthony
Good luck my friend and look forward to some shooting reports. :thumb:

I have a question about replacing the stock nipple on my Crockett to a stainless steel one. I think I am correct in finding the right one and size along with the correct wrench.

Are these the ones that I need?

Anthony
B6266CEE-D395-452B-A799-A9FA4177A70E.jpeg

That nipple is not for shooting, it's to allow you to flush water through the bore while cleaning. You attach a plastic tube to it with the other end in a bucket of water, then pump the water in and out of the barrel using a patch on a ramrod. It's a good way to get the barrel thoroughly clean after shooting. You should be removing the nipple and cleaning the threads after each range session anyway.

Links below go to Track of the Wolf.

For a spare shooting nipple I'd think you'd want part # CVA-S. The description reads:

"Nipple, 6-1mm metric thread, for CVA rifles and shotguns, Traditions, Jukar, and other Spanish mfg. guns, #11 CCI cap, stainless steel"

That nipple wrench should work but may required you to remove the lock if the hammer doesn't go back far enough when on full cock. Look at this one also.

That nipple is not for shooting, it's to allow you to flush water through the bore while cleaning. You attach a plastic tube to it with the other end in a bucket of water, then pump the water in and out of the barrel using a patch on a ramrod. It's a good way to get the barrel thoroughly clean after shooting. You should be removing the nipple and cleaning the threads after each range session anyway.

Links below go to Track of the Wolf.

For a spare shooting nipple I'd think you'd want part # CVA-S. The description reads:

"Nipple, 6-1mm metric thread, for CVA rifles and shotguns, Traditions, Jukar, and other Spanish mfg. guns, #11 CCI cap, stainless steel"

That nipple wrench should work but may required you to remove the lock if the hammer doesn't go back far enough when on full cock. Look at this one also.
That certainly does appears to be a replacement for the Crockett Rifle.

Back