• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jaeger Range Result

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think I finally found the right combo! 85gr of Swiss ffg with Wal-Mart pillow ticking(damp with moose milk) cut at the muzzle, .610 ball and ffffg prime. The barrel is a .62 Colerain. I was shooting at 25yrds using my shooting box as a rest. The yellowish patch in the photo is an Ox-Yoke which was blown all to heck so I'll stick with the ticking. I never wiped the frizzen or pan and never picked the touch hole. No mis or hang fires and no busted flints today during the session. There are nine shots in this target after eight were shot at another target for sight adjustment. I swabbed between each shot and used a range rod for ball seating. Even though my muzzle is coned I still have to use a short starter after I cut my patch because my Jaeger likes a very tight fitting combo. The guy sitting next to me at the range was blasting away with a .300 Win Mag so I was a bit jumpy but I'm pleased with my grouping. Next time I'll try the 50yrd bench. Hope you all enjoy the photo of my gear. The barrel's still warm. :hatsoff:

jaegertarget.jpg

Looks like you have something going there :thumbsup:
I like that horn. Very nice :hatsoff:
Lehigh...

Beautiful gun, but I wouldlike to compliment you on the horns---including the powder measure---what a wonderful combination and all in the same style. Jealousy is such a horrible personality trait---I'm definitely jealous!!!! :applause:

I must say I like your setup! Have you ever tried mink oil for your patch lube? When I went to it my groups tighted up 1" at 100 yards with my 50 caliber, it also keeps the fouling soft for your next shot and makes cleaning easier.

Say did you make your patch knife in the photo or did you buy it somewhere...I like it!...if you bought it can you tell me where?

Take care and have fun! :front:

Thanks. No, I haven't tried mink oil. I have two different lubes from Birddog6 which may be fantastic but have yet to use them.I have lots of moose milk to use up. My patches need to be on the damp side(not dripping wet) or else they burn even with light charges. I bought the patchknife and sheath at the Fall Fort Massac event over at Metropolis, IL a few years ago. I just went there again this past weekend and some vendor was selling bear oil! Can you imagine? It was $8 for a pint jar. Using animal oils sounds kind of nasty to me. Doesn't it get rancid quickly out in sun at the gun range?

I never get sick of recomending olive oil and beeswax. Never goes "off" and smels nice if you add some oil of wintergreen when you are cooking the stuff up. I use 66:33 oil to wax and dip my patches in the molten mixture in batches of 100 or so.

Most of the fellers at my club use that or a product called "Gee-why" leather dressing, which is a mixture of beeswax, pure lamb tallow and some kind of scent.

Jaegermeister,
BEAUTIFUL OUTFIT!!!!! Please
post the 50 yard results.
snake-eyes :thumbsup:

Yes - a beautiful rifle and a very promising group. I agree - let's see how she did at 50 yards. :)

As soon as I can get back out to the range I'll give it a go and I'll post pics of the results whether they're good or not. I'm getting low on .610s and may have to use some left over .600s. Should be interesting to see the difference between the two ball sizes. My sights seem to be dead on at 25 yards so I guess I'll aim an inch or so higher for the 50 yard target. I may even get a deer with it this year!

Jaegermas....
Nice, no... VERY NICE!!! Gee that's a great start for sure.. Please keep us informed of your progress!!! Nice gun... Mind you I have a weakness for Jaegers...
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Thanks for share'n the pic's it's appreciated!!!
Best regards Loyalist Dawg

Thank you Loyalist Dawg. I only wish I had used walnut instead of curly maple for my Jaeger stock to be more "germanic" but it's my jaeger buchse and I'm stick'n to it. I think everyone should have at least one germanic rifle. :hatsoff:

Back