• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2nd day at the range with my Crockett

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will keep updating the post on my load work up. I figure next week I will do some experiments with different loads. On getting a load stuck in the bore comment. So last time at the range there was 2 guys there shooting a 300 wsm and my wife. We were all talking as I loaded. Before I shot that load I took a little pause. Then not thinking I loaded again. As I was sitting hammer back ready to pull the trigger. I had a strange feeling something wasn't right. I then realized I loaded twice. So after I removed the cap. I pulled both balls and shot a cap through to make sure it was clear again. Pretty stupid move on my part. I will say this it was easy to pull both balls. The first thing I did was buy a brass range rod for 32 cal. I did that before i even built the gun. So as long as you don't rely on the rod in the gun I believe it will be easy to remove anything.
Indeed. I have a nice brass range rod for my big bores, but not my .32 Crockett.

Also, I too, have found that its way too easy to allow oneself to become distracted at a range. For all practical purposes, I now either do not talk or limit my talking when I go to the range. Last month my wife went with to the range and I was teaching her how to load, shoot, and field clean here Hawken. When doing so I darn near made a mistake.

Heck, its still easy to become distracted at the range even when I don't engage in conversation. Just too much going on where I feel the need to keep on eye on everyone else.

Sold my crockett, just didnt fit me right, a bit acward sighting. BUT, first trip to the range I clover leafed 4 shots at 25 yds with 10 gr. I am one of those that found swabbing absulutly necessary as it would get REAL hard to load after 2 shots and the patches were just a PIA to work with. Sold to a Sheriff in YUMA AZ and believe he loves it. I have a .36 and the devil may make me order another this weekend. However my .40 SMR Kibler will likly be my squirell gun once I get it going. I LOVE shooting without swabbing and thats what I hear from all the fellow Kibler fllowers.
Interesting. I can, and have, shot and reloaded 11 times with my Crockett and it was still not difficult to load. I did notice a crud ring when seating the ball but I was still killing squirrels. I often take 6 shots or so when out squirrel hunting without running a patch down the bore.

This is one reason why I am fairly happy with the load I use. No need in a short starter and it shoots about as accurate as I can. I can easily keep them within an inch at 30 yards. Not saying that it cannot be improved upon, however.

I do find the Crockett to be terribly unforgiving of any shooting errors.

Last edited:
I had a pedersoli .32 as well with BB very long barrel and it fit well but I couldn't get use to the tiny patches and also had to swab every shot. Maybe my load was too tight? My .36 bobcat REQUIRES a super loose load for accuracy.

Hey guys I really like all this discussion about the .32. Could you tell me where you were able to find the brass range rod for your little Crockett?

I am starting to think the next Kibler I order may be a 32 instead of a 45.

Thanks!

SR1

Latest posts

Back