• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

It’s a Shooter…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last week I picked up a nice T/C Hawken with a .54 Green Mountain barrel on it, as well as a Lyman peep. This is one I decided I would keep since I’m really enjoying the .54 caliber.

I had a vacation day I needed to burn, so this morning I dropped the girls at school and daycare and headed to the range with it.

Our range maxes out at around 60 yards, so I thought I’d just set up at max distance and see where it was at. 60gr of 3F BP and a .530 patched roundball. Funny enough the first shot was almost dead center (top left target). Then, it settled in low and right. I adjusted the sights and pulled it high and left (top right). The next 2 targets show that this thing is a shooter! The bottom right target was my 3rd set, and after my last shots sitting on top of each other (bottom left) I left the range well pleased.

I don’t know why I didn’t think to snap a photo of the rifle. Imagine if you would a typical T/C Hawken, but with a longer Green Mountain barrel, and you pretty much have it :)

I’m going to take this with me next weekend to the Vermont Primitive Biathlon, and I hope it shoots as well then as it did today.

Attachments

• IMG_5317.jpeg
    IMG_5317.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5319.jpeg
    IMG_5319.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Last week I picked up a nice T/C Hawken with a .54 Green Mountain barrel on it, as well as a Lyman peep. This is one I decided I would keep since I’m really enjoying the .54 caliber.

I had a vacation day I needed to burn, so this morning I dropped the girls at school and daycare and headed to the range with it.

Our range maxes out at around 60 yards, so I thought I’d just set up at max distance and see where it was at. 60gr of 3F BP and a .530 patched roundball. Funny enough the first shot was almost dead center (top left target). Then, it settled in low and right. I adjusted the sights and pulled it high and left (top right). The next 2 targets show that this thing is a shooter! The bottom right target was my 3rd set, and after my last shots sitting on top of each other (bottom left) I left the range well pleased.

I don’t know why I didn’t think to snap a photo of the rifle. Imagine if you would a typical T/C Hawken, but with a longer Green Mountain barrel, and you pretty much have it :)

I’m going to take this with me next weekend to the Vermont Primitive Biathlon, and I hope it shoots as well then as it did today.
Mine likes a 100 grains of 2f and it’s a 100 yard gun .

I’m going to take this with me next weekend to the Vermont Primitive Biathlon...

Great -- me and my twin (Flint62Smoothie) will see you there!

He'll be wearing a Badger Hat, and I'll be the Yank Sergeant with the sword.

Great report on that Hawken.

Old No7

Back