• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Info needed on Pedersoli 12 ga

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic212

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi - first post and not that familiar with these guns.

I have the opportunity to buy this shotgun and have a few questions. Is this a normal barrel colour and does the join just up from the hammer look proper? Any other info on this gun would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1633611529797.png

1633611550190.png

1633611569886.png

1633611592894.png

1633611607376.png

Thanks. I haven't seen it in person so can't speak to weight. Is there a way to ID how old it is and choke? I believe it was a kit gun.

@Britsmoothy Can you walk me through "filling at the ribs"?

Just FYI: Do an advanced search here for "Pedersoli SxS" in the smoothbore forum. Lots of discussion on the care and feeding for these guns. Might also do the same search in the firearms for sale or trade forum for some insight on pricing. I, likewise, see no faults with the gun.

It looks factory built from here, with a better then average piece of wood. Be careful of filling the gap from rib to barrel at the muzzle if you’re not familiar with the work. These are a fine shotguns and shoot very well. Choke is cylinder and improved cylinder.
I had the exact same gun but marked Navy Arms rather then Dixie back in the 1970s . It accounted for many rabbits, squirrels, doves, pheasant and ducks. You won’t find a better field gun.

Got it. Thanks for all the advice.

I think I will pick it up and search the forums for more info.

Don’t know when the Pedersoli shotguns started putting on weight, but my 1978 vintage 12 gauge double is under 6 pounds. Over the years it has become my favorite and most used shotgun, and honestly has nothing to do with it being a muzzleloader. It’s the way it carries and shoots, plus the infinite number loads I can use. Doesn’t hurt my feelings when it attracts attention either.

If the bore is good, looks like a good buy. External finish variations will just add to the patena or character of the gun.

Last edited:
Back