• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brace of Dueling Pistols Need Info.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will be taking possession of these in a few weeks and I have no idea who made them or what they are worth. The last pic has what is on the barrels of the pistols. The set comes with a dueling rule book (LOL), and this other info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank V. Rago

Attachments

• IMG_2416.jpg
    IMG_2416.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2417.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2418.jpg
    IMG_2418.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2419.jpg
    IMG_2419.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9029.PNG
    IMG_9029.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Hard to tell with the stamp over the date, but proofed in Jan 1984 or 1994. Nice looking guns and the case looks good too. They're worth whatever you thought was a fair price to collect, shoot or display. What others would give as their value...I'd think $1200-1500 depending on condition of the bores and mechanics. But I buy guns primarily to shoot and not keep in a case, so all the added accessories and such aren't as important to me.

Interesting. The marks on the one barrel are somewhat similar to the marks on the barrel of my Spanish made copy of the 1757 musket made in Spain. Probably 1980's.

Rick

1757 Spanish Musket 025 (Medium).JPG
1757 Spanish Musket 026 (Medium).JPG

Hi,
This is total modern fakery. Those pistols are modern reproductions. Including the "rule book" for dueling is laughable. Dueling was illegal and no one followed any written rules nor were any included with dueling pistols. What entertainment!

dave
I’m thinking both the French and Irish published rule books for dialing in eighteenth and early nineteenth century

Back