• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

In-Line Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Yep, we're having an in-line shooting contest.

April Fool! It's not an ignition style, it's the holes!

The object of this contest is to shoot 3 shots at your target in as straight and short of a line as you can.

The two farthest apart shots will be measured center to center.
The middle shot will be measured from center of the hole to the half-way mark between the two other shots.
Those 2 measurements will be added together for your score.
Your "line" can be either vertical or horizontal and does not need to be in the center of your target.

The target is a standard 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of typing/printer paper.

Distance is 50 yards.

Take only 3 shots at your target and send it in. No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading rifles (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at 50 yards.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

One target entry per member.

3 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 3 holes will be disqualified.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

Each shot will be measured from the center of the hole.

The center will be determined by the judge.

The total of both measurements will be added together to determine final score.

Judges decisions are final.

Each members score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your target so we know who won.

The contest runs thru April, 2012.

Mail your target postmarked by May 1, 2012 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

No worries, guys. I don't own an inline.

But I was thinking bout buying one when I saw this contest. :bull: :grin: GW

next question:

Am I allowed to take a few practice shots before I shoot for score, or is this the first three shots of the day type thing??

You can shoot your target at the beginning, middle, or end of your range session. Just don't shoot a bunch of targets and pick out the best one to send in. Once you start on your official target, that's the one you send in.

These contests are just for fun. No prizes or medals. We all trust one another to play by the rules. :thumbsup:

At last a day with no snow, got my three shots in this morning, in the mail tomorrow.
Deadeye

That's kinda what I figured, but I like to be sure I'm following the rules so I asked. Hopefully I wil get out tomorrow, if so, I will be sending yo ua target! (Unless its just too embarrassing :redface: )

Snow! :shocked2: You're still gettin' snow?!
We're well into the thunderstorm and tornado weather here already.

Heck, send it in even if it is too embarrassing. The other guys gotta have SOMEBODY to beat. :haha:

Yep,still snowing. Year before last at our May rondy we had about 6". June, July, August are usually snow free. That's our water so we don't complain.
Deadeye

Just to clarify, no fiber optic front sight?
I don't have one on anything but my dedicated hunting rifle, all the others have all iron sights.

I was getting excited when I saw the title. But those, um, things, can get kinda expensive. Can we all pitch in to buy one and then take three shots at it and mail it on to the next contestant to shoot 3 more holes through it, and so on til we have all had a turn? :stir:

Seriously though, I will try to get out to shoot this one but with work lately, I cant promise it will get done.

Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't think so, that's why I asked.I'll try to get to my range before the end of the month, it's 50 miles.
Smokepole Sam

Back