• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'm getting Bear fat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone knife

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm getting a 5 gal. pail of free bear fat, is that quite a lot? I have an old crock pot I'm going to use to render it down :grin:

You're lucky, I'm just getting fat :( .

Yes that's a lot of bear fat. If you're mixing it for lube, most guys use a ratio of between 1/1 and 2/1, bear fat to beeswax. With a 1/1 ratio, the amount of oil you get will double when you mix it up. If you only get one gallon of bear oil, that's two gallons of lube. You'll probably get more than one gallon out of that bucket of fat, so you may not live long enough to use it all up. Have fun trying though. Bill

I rendered off a little more than 5gal the week of Thanksgiving.Had 3 crockpots going 3 times and got 4 gal.Now to wait till the oil comes to the top.
You are gonna enjoy the stuff! :thumbsup:

Remember to keep temp on LOW!

Stone Knife said:
I'm getting a 5 gal. pail of free bear fat, is that quite a lot?

I knew there was an obesity epidemic in America, but this is unheard of!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Back