• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How Long Have You Been Hunting ...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, this will be my 54th season. I started at 14, I'm 67 now, soon to be 68. I don't plan to quit until I absolutely can't walk anymore. Having been a diabetic for 64 years now, I understand that day will come at some point but I hope it's not soon. The way I look at it, there's only two seasons in each year, not four; "Hunting season", and "Preparing for" hunting season. I don't pray for it often, but I do pray that my health will continue to allow me to roam the forests each autumn. May the forest be with you, all........

Well, I’m 69 now and if you count tagging along with Dad and my uncles, I guess 65 years or so. Started with a BB gun like most and progressed from there. I plan to continue as long as I’m able. Arthritis be damned!

Ra and other physical problems have ended my hunting career, likely for good. And with Paradise being paved there are fewer forests for us to simply roam around in. I started hunting with a muzzleloader over 55 years ago when I began putting the .22LRs and 20ga on the bench for part of the seasons. That eventually lead to muzzleloaders 24/7/365. The freezer has been consistently stocked with the results of my forays into the bush; but sadly no longer. Oh, well.

Ra and other physical problems have ended my hunting career, likely for good. And with Paradise being paved there are fewer forests for us to simply roam around in. I started hunting with a muzzleloader over 55 years ago when I began putting the .22LRs and 20ga on the bench for part of the seasons. That eventually lead to muzzleloaders 24/7/365. The freezer has been consistently stocked with the results of my forays into the bush; but sadly no longer. Oh, well.
I hear you, Hanshi, and I understand......amd, I thank you for your many knowledgeable and insightful posts to this forum over the years! Make good smoke, brother!

Back