• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi... New to Blackpowder guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIKE1776

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi... I usually collect WW 2 guns. I am looking to buy a black powder rifle to fill a hole in my collection. I like having guns that represent different times in our history. So I am looking for a Kentucky Rifle. It must be authentic, tiger stripe maple and something that will increase in value over time. Any advice you can give me would be helpful. Oh... I am looking for a Colt Navy pistol also. Thanks

Welcome to the dark side.
They can be pricey. A kit from Kibler runs in the $1000 range and goes together pretty easily and just plain reflect historic accuracy of a working gun.
Fine guns can be custom built and five grand isn’t over priced.
Track of the wolf often has used guns that are very historicly accurate, but as it is used you have to take what’s available so your choice is limited. And a down side is fine workmanship may not equate to historic accuracy
A custom gun might be several years between order and gun in the hand but you get it to your specs.
Perdisoli of Italy offers historically patterned guns, that are close, well made and great shooters, however they are production guns and cut some historic features are sacrificed for production

Latest posts

Back