• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help! Ramrod End?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gang,

My tulip ramrod tip came in from Track and I got it installed today. I whittled down the end of the rod and secured it with epoxy:

View attachment 229984

I’m thrilled with it!! Can’t wait to test it with my blanket wads. Here’s the other end, it’s tapered to accept a coil type trade gun worm:

View attachment 229985

Thank you SO much to all who helped me!! :D
Might want to also put a pin in it.

I’m not sure I follow?
Sorry, I forgot to follow up.
I mean I would like a point furthest away from the opposite end so it, the sharp point can grab a patch easily.
Hard to describe in words and I don't actually have one myself but for an example look at a fish hook.
360_F_135568710_e9X63neK1jzQHGDuXJbEvXnVLtCMAIRf.jpg

Ramrods on trade guns were tapered like most rods, unless they were drilled so striaight that the gun could take a straight 3/8 rod, its possible, at that point I woudln’t taper the rod, I would just add a brass tip.

For the worm to fit

I’d heat the worm until red and close the coils to it fits the rod tighter.

Heat it again with propane until it was red but not orange, and quench the worm in hot water to avoid cracks.

Temper the worm until its a bluish color.

Latest posts

Back