• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help me choose a gun!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah man, even folks who live up here dream of fishing the Good News. Have a great trip!

At the risk of really diverting this thread, I gotta pass along something I heard yesterday from the top bear biologist in the state. This guy is the real deal, to the point that the natives formally named him "bear" in their language (don't remember what the word is right now), and he's made remarkable strides everywhere he lands in helping people sort out bear problems with neither people or bears getting hurt. More common sense about bears than the rest of us put together.

He had this to say about bear spray: "It's not canned brains."

His point was that there is NO perfect answer for protection from bears because every bear is different and every situation is different. Spray will work in some siutations and not others. Guns will work in some situations and not others. A very high proportion of the problems result from lack of brains rather than lack of the right toys hanging from your belt or shoulder.

Thanks again- brains -I'll remember that-we've been planning this trip for 15 years and really looking forward to it.Best get back on topic now.
Re looking for a gun -you could well with an Officers Bess from Matt at NSW.

Back