• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawk New England Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
It is done, finally. All the fiddly stuff at the end took forever. I need to let the finish cure and then put on a light coat of Renaissance Wax. I also need to test fire it. The owner did not want a vent liner so I just drilled a simple hole. The finish on the cherry stock is Sutherland Welles polymerized tung oil. I added some bone black shading and tarnished the metal a little. You can see how the staining with black during the whiskering process embedded a shadow effect in the wood making the cherry glow. It is 62 caliber with a 50" barrel by FCI that I modified a great deal. In fact, not one component on this gun was used as bought. Everything was hand made or modified extensively from a commercial product. It weighs 7 lbs 10oz compared with the original gun that weighed 7 lbs 6 oz.

Enjoy.

dave

Dave, SIMPLY AMAZING!!
Let me know when you decide to make a LH version!
😁

Any range report on this build Dave?
Hi and thanks everyone for the comments.

No, I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. My shop has been way too busy for me to step away and shoot. I've laser bore sighted it and the windage looks bang on but elevation remains to be determined. I won't get to it until after this current big snow storm.

dave

Back