• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Halloween Hawk Toss! ends 10-31-11

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
It was recently brought to my attention that we have not done a hawk throw for quite some time. I agree that it's about time we did. :)

Here's the rules;

The target will be a standard 8.5" x 11" sheet of typing/printer paper with an X drawn thru the center from corner to corner.

The distance of the throw will be a minimum of 12 feet from the target.

Three sticks per entry. The tomahawk blade must "stick" in the target for each throw.

One entry per member.

Tomahawks only! No knives, belt axes, etc.

Targets submitted with more than three cuts will be disqualified.

Targets ripped or torn beyond recognition will be disqualified.

Judging will consist of measuring each of the tomahawk's cuts from end to end, divide by half to find the center of the cut, then measure that spot to the center of the X on the target. The three measurements will be added, that number will determine the winner. Each "stick" will be measured like this;

tomahawkscoring.jpg

All targets must have the members screen name printed on them (so we know who the winner is).

All entries must be postmarked by November 1, 2011 and received by November 10, 2011 to be eligible.

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Mail entries to;
Jim Green
P.O. Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Have fun! Be safe! :hatsoff:

OK fellers I finally got the scores for ya. Y'all didn't make it easy to measure. Specially Pete goin' and cuttin' one right thru the center...

Pete D takes the win! 5.105" total!
Skunkskinner takes second with 8.965".

Pretty good throwin' from both of you guys! :hatsoff:
Everybody else saw the competitors and chickened out. :haha:

Thanks for playing. :hatsoff:

Thank you, Jethro, for taking the time to do this.
I gotta get a new piece of hemlock for a backstop so's it doesn't eat the blade like this last.
Pete

Back