• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Just Horsing Around....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flint.

Smokepole 54
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_3949.jpg
...at our club shoot today. Three shots from the "horse". I got 2 hits. There were 21 total shots to be fired at steel and paper. The woods walk portion was 5 steel targets of various shapes and distances. I only missed 4. Another portion was a timed run consisting of 3 steel gongs shot at about 25 yards, a rope cut where you had to cut the rope with one swing of your knife, and a tomahawk throw to end your time. I got the gongs but had several "klatches" and flashes in the pan. My time was 2:19 but didn't cut the rope or stick my hawk (I did last year tho). I didn't even shoot the paper today. My ego had been bruised enough.
The day started out relatively warm at 60 degrees but turned chilly and I was wishin' for some wool leggings by the end of the shoot.

View attachment 180219...at our club shoot today. Three shots from the "horse". I got 2 hits. There were 21 total shots to be fired at steel and paper. The woods walk portion was 5 steel targets of various shapes and distances. I only missed 4. Another portion was a timed run consisting of 3 steel gongs shot at about 25 yards, a rope cut where you had to cut the rope with one swing of your knife, and a tomahawk throw to end your time. I got the gongs but had several "klatches" and flashes in the pan. My time was 2:19 but didn't cut the rope or stick my hawk (I did last year tho). I didn't even shoot the paper today. My ego had been bruised enough.
The day started out relatively warm at 60 degrees but turned chilly and I was wishin' for some wool leggings by the end of the shoot.
Looks like a real hoot!!!
I would have to have a ladder and someone to hand me the rifle after I mounted. 😂
Larry

We have done that, too. We also had to reload on the horse, and if you let the gun touch the ground, there was a penalty.

For a twist in that, one year we found an old exercise bike you had to sit on, and peddle while you shot. We did a lot of weird twists like that, that particular year. We billed it as "The Unnatural Acts" shoot.

Back