• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

December 2021 postal match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will try to get mine shot thursday, with the holiday season though I may miss out for I second month in a row though!

Chris

well we had some sun today thought I'd get this done. I shot it as printed , that was not smart LOL should have added a bit of ink. It was fun , thank you for taking time to do this 👍
20211222_135453.jpg

Myself, GaryPL and some friends (at least one of whom will register here soon) gathered up at our club to shoot this match. We all had to color the dots to see them at 25 yards. I took a photo of GaryPL just after he fired one of his rounds off from his flintlock. My target unfortunately is not one of my best. I was consistently shooting right. No matter. it was still a good afternoon shooting our rifles. We all agreed we will make this a monthly outing if at all possible.

I used my Crockett .32 caliber again. I am really starting to like that little rifle.
Hornady .310 roundball
.013 pillow ticking lubed with Ballistol
20 grains of Goex FFFG
Remington #11 caps.

I thought I had more hair than that - have to start wearing a hat all the time! Will post my target now - stop laughing!

This target was hard to see! I kept shooting low - my rifle is sighted in to shoot a little high to begin with, but I just couldn't zero in on those little red dots!
Used my custom .40 flintlock, Siler lock, .400 RB patched with pillow ticking and using a ballistol & water lube. 45gr Goex 3F. I am enjoying these informal matches and thany you for organizing them!
Dec 2021 Postal Match Target.jpg

Emailed this morning. Abysmal results this time, I shot my Traditions Penn Long Rifle, 50 cal with .490 round ball pushed by 60gr of 3FG (Goex). I don't know the patch thickness I bought them ages ago. I was definitely pulling to the right on the first 3 or 4 shots but it was me not the rifle. I think I was just not used to the balance because I have been shooting my Hawken for months and have not shot this one since the spring. The rifle felt good though so I think I am going to shoot this one for the next couple of shoots and practice with it more
December shoot.jpg

Tried out my new to me Pietta 1858 on this target..This is my first revolver and first time shooting it. Needless to say, i have some work to do! I was shooting 35 grains of 3f GOEX, wool wad under a .454 ball. It was a lot of fun to shoot and happy to hit paper at all from 25 yards..

Attachments

• B6DA1F75-BE1C-4799-A38D-549200F6992A.jpeg
    B6DA1F75-BE1C-4799-A38D-549200F6992A.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 55
For this target I grabbed the CVA 45 mountain rifle that I am still working with. 65 grains of 3f GEOX, .490 ball wrapped with .018 pillow ticking. Really need to get this on the bench to see where it hits. Thanks for putting on this shoot, it gives me a great reason to burn some powder!

Attachments

• 82C2F6FD-166E-4EBF-A9D3-298646C06652.jpeg
    82C2F6FD-166E-4EBF-A9D3-298646C06652.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 61
Tomorrow is the last day of the year. I hope to get out to the range and shoot the December target.
We will see.

Made it to the range today, on the last day of the last month of the year.
Nice weather, mid 40's. Cloudy and muddy, but no wind. We really haven't had winter yet here in Indiana. Looks like the temps will dip starting Sunday.
.40 Cal. Flintlock Poor Boy
.390 RB, patched with pillow tick
40 grains of FFF.
Dropped it in the mail late this a.m.
002.jpg

Hope everyone has a safe happy New Year.

Got mine shot and in the mail today. Was shooting decent until I pulled my center shot high.

Thanks for putting on the match.

Attachments

• 20211231_120045.jpg
    20211231_120045.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 46
Thanks for doing this! I made time to shoot the target this afternoon. I emailed a copy.

Weather was in the 40’s, cloudy little to no wind. Used a .40 caliber flintlock, 40 grains Swiss 3f. Hornady .395 balls, pillow ticking with olive oil lube. This load will shoot touching groups at 25 yards from a rest. The poor results on this target are all my fault!

AA177E6D-2776-4BDC-9A05-45F25627A0CC.jpeg

Well, after about a 2 year MIA period, I got the shoulders, wrist and hip (somewhat OK) squared to acceptable use (OK by Docs), Family situations back in normal mode and decently sailing along; i'm feeling like " I'M BACK". I shot and mailed my first target since (I believe) December 2019. Felt good. Although I've done some .22 cal shooting with my grandson who has 4 years NRA club participation, I can't coax him to shoot my ML. I haven't hunted for 2 1/2 years and plan on PA ML deer next week with an old hunting pal. I'm still steady and probably should have started up sooner. It'll just be MAKE TIME to Shoot.
IMG_0131.JPG

Back