• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

February 2022 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot my target today. This is the first time I have shot a target for the forum. It was fun getting out today and do some shooting. I will try to get my target posted on here tomorrow. I will also post a link to my Youtube channel showing me shooting it. It looks like there are a lot of people on here that share the same passion as I. Shooting Black Powder. Happy shooting everyone.View attachment 12508532 Cal Side Slapper (youtube video)
Well done 👏, 🎯

Good Shooting guys! again I failed to get out to the range for the february shoot, argh! The warming weather as spring approaches will make it much harder to resist this month I hope!

Welcome aboard .40cal! watch this thread and I will get the results up sometime between march 7th and march 9th after I am sure no more targets are going to trickle in through the mail, the postal service out here in rural ks isnt the most efficient thing in the world for sure!

Chris

BadDaditood
.45 SMR flint
50 gn OE
.440 RB .022” patch

Attachments

• EA6ED7FF-3055-4285-B367-3E20071D30B0.jpeg
    EA6ED7FF-3055-4285-B367-3E20071D30B0.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 18
I shot this target over the weekend but did not get a chance to get it in the mail so I will not be sending it in but thought I should post the results (even if I was not too satisfied with them.) This was my first time shooting one of the monthly targets and the first time I have shot my muzzleloader in three years. Hard to believe it’s been that long but life happens when you have young kids and are trying to balance working full time and homeschooling them. I found the forum a few months ago and joined so I could compete in these matches and I am so glad that I did. It’s just the excuse I needed to shoot again and I will continue to shoot these monthly targets. Thank you for putting these on and allowing me to be a part of them.

99012A69-9A40-412E-8C85-BE33998D7A59.jpeg

Good Shooting guys! again I failed to get out to the range for the february shoot, argh! The warming weather as spring approaches will make it much harder to resist this month I hope!

Welcome aboard .40cal! watch this thread and I will get the results up sometime between march 7th and march 9th after I am sure no more targets are going to trickle in through the mail, the postal service out here in rural ks isnt the most efficient thing in the world for sure!

Chris
Thank you, sir. I printed my March target and looking forward to shooting it. Take care.

Ok, here we go! We will start off with the Honorable mentions..... participation points go to DeerStalker, Ranchroper, BadDaditood, and lonewalker. You guys posted or emailed pictures of some terrific shooting but unfortunately do to them not being scans I couldn't accurately print and score them. Great shooting though guys!

For the points there was a target submitted where 2 shots landed in the same sector, I'll admit I hadn't considered this.... I decided to score that shot as I would have a miss and used the measured distance from the center to the edge of the sector it should have landed in.

Without further jabbering, here are the results from the February shoot.

1. .40cal, 7.5pts- .32cal side slapper

2. 11th corps, 10pts- tc flintlock, .490 ball,
60g fff.

3. Nessmuk 11pts- .45 Flint, 40gr 3f, .440
ball.

4. Flinter1977, 11.5pts- .54 tc Hawken,
90gr 2f, .530 ball, .15 pt patch

5. EBSAILS, 12.75pts- .45 Kentucky, 45g
goex, .453 ball w/.010 patch

6. MSMITH 16.25pts- .50 tc renegade, 40gr
OE 3f, .490 ball, .015 patch.

Great shooting guys and I would love to see a pic of your side slapper .40cal, she sure fired a great group!

Chris

Ok, here we go! We will start off with the Honorable mentions..... participation points go to DeerStalker, Ranchroper, BadDaditood, and lonewalker. You guys posted or emailed pictures of some terrific shooting but unfortunately do to them not being scans I couldn't accurately print and score them. Great shooting though guys!

For the points there was a target submitted where 2 shots landed in the same sector, I'll admit I hadn't considered this.... I decided to score that shot as I would have a miss and used the measured distance from the center to the edge of the sector it should have landed in.

60g fff.

ball.

Great shooting guys and I would love to see a pic of your side slapper .40cal, she sure fired a great group!

Chris

Thanks for all the fun Chris, but I used a .433 ball in my .45, not a .453. I think with a .453 I would have started another never ending thread about a stuck ball. Haha

not that it matters but maybe someone can teach this old dog how to scan and get sent what is correct.
I scanned the target on my scanner. transferred it to my laptop as a pdf. sent that to the email listed. what did i do wrong? or should i ask my wife? she knows everything i do wrong:ghostly:

Good Lord! i sent a blank target! senility strikes again!

what i sent ! i should score for the cleanest target!
1646959653964.png

Last edited:

60g fff.

ball.

Chris
I am fairly new to the forum and just saw this thread now. I am disappointed I wasn’t able to join in on the Feb one. Does this go on every month? I am hopping YES

60g fff.

ball.

Chris
Awesome. It was fun shooting my first target. I will post some pics of my side slapper. I should have used it on my march target. I used my 40cal flintlock. I didn't do very good but I will post it. good or bad. I still have my pistol target to shoot. I hope I shoot it better than I did the rifle. Thanks for the fun and a reason to burn some powder. This is a link of me shooting this target with the side slapper.

Back