• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hall Flintlocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That plate is the part called the apron. It serves 3 purposes. It keeps the wood from getting burnt by escaping gases and it defuses the gases, and is threaded to accept the screw that holds the catch plate. The catch plate is on the outside bottom of the stock directly below the apron. The catch plate is what the spur catch locks against. The apron is made of iron - this is a swedge piece .I've polished the one on my rifle because it makes it easier to clean. Also, I'm pleased to see the interest in this post. G.S.

Hi GS,

Thanks for this post and the excellent pictures of your disassembled Hall. While I've taken out the receiver on mine, I've never taken it completely apart and it was cool to see the parts and see that it can actually be done without busting up the rifle. It was a nice surprise to see that part you called the apron - obviously not visible when the rifle is assembled and I never knew it was there. I agree that Hall's are fun to shoot and the gas leakage is not too bad. They get a lot of attention on the range...

Back