• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my Jackie Brown today.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN.Frank

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I got the Jackie Brown flint Fowler in 20ga/42"bbl. today that I swaped my Larry Crow Lancaster rifle for and all I can say is "WOW", it has to be one of the nicest guns I've ever owned. Fit and finish are great(I like the ERA, Cumberland Fowler's "rustic" look BUT it's also nice to have a new gun look like a "new gun" too.), I can't wait to get out and sling some lead with this gun. Hats off to Jackie for making such a nice looking gun. :hatsoff:

It's brass mounted, if that'll give you a clue as to which it is. I'm not sure which really. All I know it's it's really nice.
All hail Jackie Brown. :bow: :thumbsup:

And according to Jackie himself, steel shot can be used without a plastic wad in his barrels! :thumbsup:

Yea, but i don't think i would use steel shot in mine without a special steel shot cup. It may be ok, but i wouldn't want to risk it. But i don't shoot steel any more, so it really doesn't matter.

Check with ballistics Products. They sell both the heavy plastic shot cups, and some milar sheets that you can line the inside of the cups with for added protection. I would hate to see such a fine barrel marred by any non-toxic shot.

I think you addressed this to the wrong person Paul. I don't shoot steel shot without a special steel shot cup. And by chance, i do get them from Ballistic Products. Thanks though. :thumbsup:

It looks like this gun sans the patch box.
lf.gif

taken from Jackie Brown's web site.
I guess it's a Lancaster Fowler according to this. :hmm:

They both are alot alike but they're both really different too. The Cumberland Fowler has more of a French look to it and the J.B. is more "American" I guess. The J.B. is about a pound or more lighter which is nice but that big, ol' 75cal can sling a lot of lead, just the ticket for Wild Boar using ball or Turkey using shot. I don't know, I like em' both because they both have a nitch in my gun collection.

Yep those big bore can throw more shot, but you don't necessarily have much more Range with them. I went out today to pattern the double barrel .12 ga before fall turkey season and found that i can get a good pattern to about 25 yds as compared to 20 yds with the .Jackie Brown .20 ga. I also found out that the left barrel patterns best with a shot cup and the right barrel with just 2 thin overshot cards started after the powder, then some grease on top of them and then another thin oveshot card. The ram those down on the powder pour in the shot and one more overshot card on top. Completely different than the other barrel.

Jackie does great work. That looks almost exactly like mine except mines got a 40 inch barrel and is steel mounted. Gotta love those smoothies.About as versatile as a feller can get. Shure enough a gun for all seasons. Have a good un!!!! :)

TN, Did you order it from Jackie and if so how long was the wait? He's making me a Carolina rifle that i ordered back in April that he originally quoted 4 to 5 weeks completion.I hope good things will come to me for waiting.

I got this in a swap from a guy in Ohio. He hadn't even put a flint in it yet, I got the first strike on the frizzen. Jackie has a few ready made guns on his web site. I'd really love to have that 20ga pistol to go with this gun. Maybe I can start saving up and get it. :hmm:

Back